OFCC using end times? WTF?!?!?!

So before this thread spirals ridiculously out of control with gloom and doom and what not.

1. The final swedish addendum has not been released and will be hopefully by the end of this week.  I had been holding off on releasing it until I had more time to review Archaon data.  The Black Sheep Brawl and a few other events have provided me with the much needed feedback to rerate the armies appropriately using Swedish Composition as a guideline.   Legions of Chaos, Host of the Eternity King, etc.. are all under review based upon their results in more than a half dozen events.

2.  The purpose of OFCC is for the region's clubs to get together and have a great time playing, drinking, apparently smoking as it'll be legal in both states by OFCC time...., and having a great time together.  I would really hate to think that anyone would presume that there would be a rash of over the top lists coming down the pipe for an event that has for the past decade been about the community and not about kicking the [big bad swear word] out of your opponent and laughing as your piss all over his army.  

If you are really concerned with power creep, I would like to point you over to the 40k OFCC last year where they allowed Super Heavies and Lord of War selections to the mix.  The combinations were ridiculous, the battles were stupidly insane.  The 40k event was hailed as the best one in 12 years.  

I say Challenge Accepted.

We have a great community that puts a lot of emphasis on fair play and good sportsmanship.  The Fantasy Team event this year will be the last event we have for 8th edition.  It is the final salvo we have for an edition that we have played faithfully for 5 years.  

In regards to allowing End Times, this event packet was posted months ago and I had a hard time deciding if I wanted OFCC to be "just another swedish event" or be what it is supposed to be which is "The Ordo Fanaticus Club Challenge".  The Premiere club event in the Pacific Northwest.    

I have been collecting data for months from various events, groups, and individuals about how specific units do in events that allow End Times.  It's hard to properly comp a nebulous mass of units and there will be mistakes made but you should know that there has been a lot of data farming and testing done with several units to determine appropriate composition values.  I may miss some obvious combinations or not account for some crazy meta shift but you know what?  The comp range is 8-20 and your team has to have a minimum score of 50. to participate in this event. 

Pairings will be done based upon wins/loss and comp rating.  You can rest assured that my goal is to have an event for a fantasy community that will knock their socks off and give a great send off to 8th edition.

I will close out this rambling with this:  I understand that a bad game against an army or an opponent can turn you off playing that army/system/person ever again.  I get it.  This however is Ordo Fanaticus and you guys should know we have this crazy [big bad swear word]ed up mentality that you should have fun while playing a game.  So keep that in mind as you decide if you want to play in this event.  I know I would be sad if any of our veteran players decided not to come because of a perception based off a bad game or two.

Also, you don't want to miss out on not only playing 5 games of warhammer in your underwear (Jordan I am looking at you, Yes you. You know what you did) while drunk.

My name is John Kersey and I approve this message.

Roll Tide.

For the good for the Order.

• Like 6

It was just an example of an already-tough unit that gets a boost from Khaine without getting a comp penalty to go with it.  Likely or not, it's a "hole" in the ET Comp addendum but make no mistake, I'm far from worrying about it.  The only OFCC-related worry I have is finding time to make a damn display board :)

Ha, yeah I know, your whole post was about not worrying about it.  I wasn't disagreeing with you.

I was just laughing because "woooo 96 comp extra rank go!"

Eternity King Warlocks or Wild Riders were just examples of already-tough units that get a free boost in power without any hit to comp.  Relax, man.

I got that. My challenge was just that, a challenge to see if anyone could even make an OTT end times list. In the event someone did, it could be used as a tool to assist in spotting OTT lists.

I got that. My challenge was just that, a challenge to see if anyone could even make an OTT end times list. In the event someone did, it could be used as a tool to assist in spotting OTT lists.

Well then why'd you jump all over my sh!t like a rabid spider-monkey?!  Do you even ArmyBuilder, bro?

Alrighty then just for fun, I'll go try to make a list then which I think would be an example, not that I would ever bring, but which would suck to play against.  Bearing in mind of course my 3 teammates would need to bring 3 ~16.7 average comp lists :)

• Like 1

Quit yer whining, Dan. The news has been out for months. Comp seems to be taking care of stuff, and the (genius) requirement that teams have a total comp of at least 50 means that even if someone needs to bring a crummy list, you won't have a whole team full of garbage. Swedish takes care of it. You'll be fine. And too drunk to care.

First Fantasy OFCC I've played in ages, and if you're not there, I'm burning down Canada. All of it.

The part about the news being out for months bugs me a bit, it's all be HERE, no where else that I've seen... I wasn't the only one completely surprised today to find out the OFCC allows end times, I know that many of us Canadians had no idea until today, even Darren who was consulted about the addendum had NO IDEA that it was in regards to being applied to the OFCC....  I guess since it's been out for months, it must be my fault that we're not checking ordo daily, and why would after weeks know just to happen to check the OFCC rules for changes? :rolleyes:   

Myself, Peter, Darren, Vern, Shayne all had no idea until today.  I still wouldn't have even known if Chris Powell hadn't brought it up (with regards to giving the event a pass because of end times).  I haven't played a lot of Warhammer lately, but even my limited game set vs end times (10ish games or so) I have had a very sour experience with it (more than your atypical new book syndrome).  I'm not talking from just 'a game or two' and find that notion condescending.  There's a reason why Swedish hasn't touched end times with a 50 ft pole, and why we probably shouldn't either. 

I don't know it feels like we've already been forgotten about, maybe we won't be missed either.

I challenge anyone to make and post an OTT Eternity King list.

I hesitate to post because I think the reactions and point/counterpoint going on in this thread is making things worse not better and its entrenching people in their opinions!

I'll PM you an example but you have to promise not to build it and then stomp me with it ;)

I don't know it feels like we've already been forgotten about, maybe we won't be missed either.

Not true. I have a never ending amount of Canadialove. 'Specially when it comes to my WCP boys. Err... men. Errr... Canadiamen...  Errr... boys.

Whatever you're worried about, try making a list and comping it. Check to see if it's within the limits set by the event, and how much of that can fit on one team.

Perhaps there will be a couple of jerks who try and abuse Swedish to sneak past stuff, and maybe Sylvos will fall asleep at the wheel and miss it. But the chances of a wholesale horrorshow are pretty low. I'm bringing a Chaos Legions list, because it lets me return to my old skool Chaos glory. It is decidedly not min-maxed, and seems to deserve the "10" it rates in Swedish. Perhaps the OFCC will be overrun with monstrous elf-goons, seeking to destroy fun with their twisted creations. If so, Dan, I need you more than ever. I need you drinking enough rum to make certain that vending machines (and Doug Lamb) will never, ever get up the gumption to strike down us fun-loving righteous sportsmen.

Release the Kraken, Dan. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!!!!

DOOOOOOOOOM!!   with the direction GW is going i wouldnt be surprised if they make an ascended unicorn that auto-kills with hits and stomps :P

... nah it'll all be good.  come on Canadians we want you here!  i think i know where dan is coming from though.  playing against karl franz on roids is not that enjoyable. although his comp is insane to the point where there wont be much army besides karl, but karl will table many armies out there by himself.  comp matching will be fine then and differences will matter.  comp 8 with karl and junk vs comp 8 with many tools i think will be a fine matchup.  if its not a fun GAME time, well we will make sure your glasses are full to compensate.... :)

Mr Veskit, I hate to be that guy, but the fantasy packet was uploaded in the first week of February. On the page which lists acceptable armies, it clearly indicates both LoC and HotEK. A bit late, bro. That being said, OFCC is more about the event. Even bad OFCC matches are leagues better than most games in a given year. Embrace the suck!

I hesitate to post because I think the reactions and point/counterpoint going on in this thread is making things worse not better and its entrenching people in their opinions!

I'll PM you an example but you have to promise not to build it and then stomp me with it ;)

Just like I responded in the PM, that list is mute because it didn't make the minimum comp requirement. If the list doesn't meet the minimum comp requirement for OFCC, the OTT list doesn't meet the challenge.

Mr Veskit, I hate to be that guy, but the fantasy packet was uploaded in the first week of February. On the page which lists acceptable armies, it clearly indicates both LoC and HotEK. A bit late, bro. That being said, OFCC is more about the event. Even bad OFCC matches are leagues better than most games in a given year. Embrace the suck!

Actually I get lots do good games in the year, we've got a good bunch up here overall. The games in the last few months that haven't been fun? Vs end times lists... Once again us Canadians don't frequent your boards so if we're not notified we find out woefully late as was the case here. For an event that seems to want us to come you guys don't put any effort in keeping us engaged. It was a major part of my feedback about last event that got ignored. All this a bit late stuff, suck it up buttercup crap isn't constructive.

• Like 4

Like JMGraham said I think this list would get snagged by Sylvos but here's an example of what could be done to be no-fun:

Malekith the Eternity King

BSB on Cold One w/ Ogre Blade 1+ Charmed and Luckstone

3 units of 6 Dark Riders w/ shields

23 Corsairs

Cold One Chariot

8 Cold Ones

18 Black Guard

I know it's not packing a lot of uber units but it's NOT a bunch of suck units, those are all very solid with the Eternity King rules and Malekith is a game-breaker.

Again though, to be clear I think this list would be very unlikely and would hopefully get snagged by Sylvos, but even if one or two like this showed up, it wouldn't be all that different from prior years, and it would likely have to match up against the toughest armies at the event all weekend long.

Even with this as a worst-case example, I can't see how the rest of the matching/balancing efforts won't make for really great games anyway.

I actually want to play against that list with my dwarf list. The only shooting threat is from the chariot. Heck' I'd play against that list with my dark elf cab list. The blackguard and corsairs aren't elite combat units and the black guard will attract missile fire and redirectors from anyone with experience.

I really want to play against this list so I can witness the power!

@NtK- I just read the OFCC comp, I haven't been following OFCC stuff this year, and didn't realize that Malekith was only -140 and that there was no additional modifier for units to account for the gained abilities.

I see... I was wondering why you where throwing that challenge out, it was pretty easy took me all of 10 minutes mostly calculating comp!  Hah.  Oh well, anyway, stupid Malekith.  

Sylvos I'm looking forward to v3.0 but I doubt it would be needed anyway, I would be surprised to see a list like the one I posted show up even under the current comp rules.  Malekith EK is a friggin' game breaker.  Still thanks again for all your efforts you're doing an amazing job man!!