Ordo shipping question for trades.

Purposely in warpspace, though topic directed at the rogue trading section.

Been on Ordo for a while. Got a number of Rogue Trading transactions, many of which come from/to washington to/from oregon. Shipping adds up, and I do note that we have members living in one state that are regularly commuting between the two.

Wondering if it would be practical to get some sort of alternate shipping option where items in a common location in washington are "ferried" via ordo members to a common location in Oregon (like WOW)?

Even if cost doesn't go down, could alleviate gas costs for Ordo members which are doing the commute anyway.

Just an idea.

I ship all the time and if it's in the pnw the cost is pretty low.

I've also passed stuff to people at events to bring back to others. A set system for ferrying to Washington might cut costs but would add a lot of time.

Do you make the other dude pay shipping or are you just talking trades?

I ship all the time and if it's in the pnw the cost is pretty low.

I've also passed stuff to people at events to bring back to others. A set system for ferrying to Washington might cut costs but would add a lot of time.

Do you make the other dude pay shipping or are you just talking trades?

Was thinking just trades.

When actually paying for things, I prefer a clear paper trail.

Anyway, would only make sense if those in washington/oregon are already making the commute on at least a weekly basis and are willing to add an additional responsibility.

I don't commute often enough to make it worthwhile but in recent trades I have found that I can ship via USPS Priority for the cost of a cheeseburger and fries (or in some case just the cheeseburger) so I have been offering people the option of waiting until I drive or paying shipping.  Been kinda 50/50 on that one.

Who *does* make the drive regularly?  If we had a known courier then people might be more willing to make use of the arrangement.

I don't commute often enough to make it worthwhile but in recent trades I have found that I can ship via USPS Priority for the cost of a cheeseburger and fries (or in some case just the cheeseburger) so I have been offering people the option of waiting until I drive or paying shipping.  Been kinda 50/50 on that one.

Who *does* make the drive regularly?  If we had a known courier then people might be more willing to make use of the arrangement.

Very much a logistics question, as I don't think any one member is making the regular commute. It would be a collective effort. I think as a whole, we have members making a regular commute, but probably not as individuals.

That's why the idea would be to have a central pick-up/drop-off location, an equivalent of WOW's lockers somewhere in washington. As I'm very much not in washington, I'm not sure if something like that already exists for the washington folks.

Even if not weekly, but a monthly thing, it could have merit for trades without time constraints. As Pretre mentions, it would certainly be slower than actual mail.

For me, value is 2 things: First, I trust ordo members, more or less, to handle models as if they are models. Second, I'd rather pad the pockets of gamers than postal workers.

Anyway, idea might be too complicated/ambitious for this group and I certainly don't drive, but I figured I'd mention it to see if others have considered this sort of thing as well.