Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Just now, VonVilkee said:

It's so true! My mom has said she loves my hobby cuz she knows I couldn't afford anything too dangerous along side lol

Well, on the dangerous end of things, the model hobby certainly has me doing stupid things with knives, working with poisonous materials, or playing with superglue. I even cut my thumb open one time with the tape measure....at WOW, no less.

Definitely more and less dangerous hobby options.

But, yeah, never really got into the spendy drugs for the reason that I don't have the cash to spare. I have found myself rather addicted to energy drinks, as of the last year or so. $2 or $4 per day is pretty expensive in my book.

15 hours ago, paxmiles said:

But, yeah, never really got into the spendy drugs for the reason that I don't have the cash to spare. I have found myself rather addicted to energy drinks, as of the last year or so. $2 or $4 per day is pretty expensive in my book.

When I was working nights at Safeway, my boss once worked out that he spent over $5000 a year on energy drinks. I know I can think of things I'd rather do with that money.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, WestRider said:

When I was working nights at Safeway, my boss once worked out that he spent over $5000 a year on energy drinks. I know I can think of things I'd rather do with that money.

Sure, but if you want to go there:

How much do you spend on 40k related products per year? How many times do you actually play 40k per year?

So how much does each game cost?

Energy drinks and 40k aren't something you buy on yearly basis, the purchases make sense when you buy them and only look like bad investments in hindsight.

8 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Sure, but if you want to go there:

How much do you spend on 40k related products per year? How many times do you actually play 40k per year?

So how much does each game cost?

Energy drinks and 40k aren't something you buy on yearly basis, the purchases make sense when you buy them and only look like bad investments in hindsight.

Well, yeah. Most of the "things I'd rather do with that money" would have been GW stuff. Really, it's just a different drug of choice 😉

• Like 2

Ugh, no wonder I feel crappy today. Only eatten pringles and sugar-free power aid..... 

Today was a weird day. Aside from the above, a good chunk of the day was dedicated to waiting for a call that never happen, while, simotaneously, getting hammered by spam calls (I often go multiple days without any calls, so this was very unusual).

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Sam is a piece of [big bad swear word] that deliberately pissed on Sméagols addiction recovery, pushing him to relapse, ultimately leading to his death. Piece of [big bad swear word].

True. But Gollum was a toxic enabler, trying to lead Sam's "best friend" down a self-destructive path in order to justify  and reinforce his own choices.

Too bad he couldn't save one and punt the other into the lava. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, not exactly.  Argumentative is just willfully contrary, whether there is any intent to win the argument or not and with no regard for whether or not you believe it...  Think of it as playing devils advocate for the fun of having an argument whether or not you have a valid position.  <insert ROC comment here>

My little brother critizised me for having a Facebook account. Says he doesn't do social media, but he's always venting about what other people post on IMDB or things he hears about in the one-sided news he listens to. Tried to explain that he needs to stop listening to the opinions of others, if it just makes him need to vent all the time. I don't think he's going to take my advice, which, ironically, is taking my advice. I just wish he could apply it to other sources of information.  

Then he got into this long rant about how Rick & Morty isn't worth the hype. While I think the hype may be greater than the show deserves, I asked him about his other shows and it's more an issue that he doesn't watch any of the shows or play the games or read the books that Ricky & Morty makes fun of. So he's not really in the target audience. I tried to explain that one to him.

He may have been intoxicated. Amusing conversation. And it was nice to hear from my little brother.

On 7/30/2019 at 12:04 AM, paxmiles said:

For me, a fake SSA keeps calling.

I ended up at the SS building and asked in person. Apparently it wasn't a spammer a glitch, but a glich in their calling system. Hasn't been a problem since. 

40 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I watched First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis yesterday.  It got me thinking about all the time travel they do, and the DTI/TIC.  I'm wondering if we will see Discovery create the foundation of them, and the Time War that was touched upon with Enterprise.  

I refuse to acknowledge that Nemesis exists.

• Haha 1

Latest American Dad episode features lots of hot sauce consumption before bedtime....And you just know that lots of impressionable people will start doing drinking hotsauce before bed....