Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Couldn't find one online. Think there's a list of non-vigilante super heroes?

You know, like people that fight for good AND do so with sanction of their government (or exist in a setting without law).

7 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Suicide Squad

Aren't they vigilantes (or victims, perhaps)? I mean, the whole point of them being a "suicide" squad is that the "government" group running them aren't doing things that are legal, so the suicide squad gets killed (self destruct) if they are found out. Dunno, haven't read the comics, so I could have it wrong.

3 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Thunderbolts were bad "guys" though, right? Kinda like Marvel's answer to the Suicide Squad? Was always interested in checking out those comics, but like with all things comics, it's kinda hard for me to wrap my brain around where to start.

The team has been used different ways for different reasons, but for much of their existence, they've been a sort of work-release program for super-villains who say they want to reform. That was the version I was thinking of, particularly after the Civil War and the Superhero Registration Act or whatever it was called.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Aren't they vigilantes (or victims, perhaps)? I mean, the whole point of them being a "suicide" squad is that the "government" group running them aren't doing things that are legal, so the suicide squad gets killed (self destruct) if they are found out. Dunno, haven't read the comics, so I could have it wrong.

10 minutes ago, WestRider said:

The team has been used different ways for different reasons, but for much of their existence, they've been a sort of work-release program for super-villains who say they want to reform. That was the version I was thinking of, particularly after the Civil War and the Superhero Registration Act or whatever it was called.

Pretty much what west said

Nostalgia hits me

I miss sitting outside the grocery store, feeding the birds. It's very calming.

I wake from my nostalgia and think, disgusted with myself, that in order for me to get to feed the birds they must be unable to provide for themselves, and, likely I or other humans are responsible for their lack of well being. 

Random thoughts..

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Nostalgia hits me

I miss sitting outside the grocery store, feeding the birds. It's very calming.

I wake from my nostalgia and think, disgusted with myself, that in order for me to get to feed the birds they must be unable to provide for themselves, and, likely I or other humans are responsible for their lack of well being. 

Random thoughts..

Not necessarily. Even if they are capable of finding food on their own, I'm sure they still appreciate an easier source when it's available. It's like getting an unexpected paid day off from work.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

What happened to cause Space Wolves to get over their fear of teleporting?  Aside from 7th edition.

Someone figured out how to throw a stick through the teleporter.

Seriously, tho, it was never explained. The new Codex came out, and suddenly Space Wolves had always used teleporters.