Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

I received my Science credits in HS via all the CAD/Graphic Designs/3D Modeling/Network development and troubleshooting classes I took.  As such, I've never taken a chemistry course, and admittedly have slightly better than a passing understanding largely imparted via being an HVACR guy and dealing with saturation, evaporation, vacuum effects, solder/flux/silver alloys, etc

I have zero clue about the chemistry and was just trying to make a cheap joke. Your original sentence was completely grammatically correct (although I think you meant to say "supernate" and not "supermate"), the presence of the comma doesn't actually change the nature of my answer since the nature of the joke is that the respondent acts as if the questioner was using Boolean logic rather than seeking clarification as to which specific one of the two possibilities is the correct answer. 

Basically, the respondent ignores the way humans actually communicate in order to make a Dad Joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did indeed. And I thought it was ment in jest, but as I'm so green, didn't want to make assumptions. I've heard of colleges and unis doing civvie sitins, where public can take a course free of charge, not get credit, but review the course and teacher for the school in exchange. I shall have to see if SOU or RVCC offers such.

My knowledge of what a supernate is begins and ends with a hazy recollection of seeing the word in a science textbook twenty-plus years ago... 

There’s many reasons I became a history major. Mostly, it was that the maths are a lot easier, but also not having to remember this sort of technical voodoo was a key factor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today was the first day I had seen the word. 😃😃 I'd have described it as the Hydrochloric Acid and any particulate it dissolved into the solution. And have.

I'm bit more of jack of all trades. This has afforded me the ability to, earlier this evening, approach a 4.2 acre ranch owner with the proposition of being their garden hermit.  Of course, I will have to fashion my own hovel. There is already a creek and pond, with many a mossy tree. One of the first requests they have, once we discuss the arrangement in detail, is to enhance the pond to allow for Koi.  

• Thanks 1