Random Thought Thread

InfestedKerrigan

Just received another shipment of joyful nerdy stuff from BattleFoam. Product is perfect, shipping was speedy, prices were more than fair... and UPS screwed the pooch on delivery.

Paid extra for “signature required,” since I’ve been having a lot of packages stolen off my porch lately. I happened to be out in my yard when the driver pulled up. He refused to let me sign for it, insisted it was perfectly reasonable for him to sign on my behalf, and was just generally an obnoxious git. Phoned UPS customer service, they gave me the run around for over an hour, until eventually telling me, essentially, “DILLIGAF.”

Called BattleFoam. The customer service rep practically tripped over herself in order to be helpful. Promised to fix the issue and have a talk with their UPS rep about it.

I freakin’ love BattleFoam.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My postal carrier has intentionally destroyed my mail before because they were frustrated with me.

Once I went out of town and the mailbox got full. Policy is to take mail that doesn't fit and return to the post office. They decided instead to take letters from DSHS and DOL and just put them next to the mailbox while they sat out in december rain while I was away for Christmas.

When I called the post office to complain, a couple days later, another important letter from the government had been thoroughly soaked in a puddle and then put into the mailbox with all of the other mail.

That's criminally bad customer service.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Ish said:

“We don’t care. We don’t have to. We’re the phone company postal service.”

image.jpeg.ac14e204ec67ece30360ef5625f3dc7b.jpeg

My sister works for the post office. I always joke that their job is similar to that of a faulty spam filter for your e-mail.

More [big bad swear word] I don't want? Thanks post office!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Munkie said:

That's criminally bad customer service.

ftfy

Both failure to deliver and destruction of are federal crimes.  If you can demonstrate that it was intentionally targeted and not systematic you can get the carrier fired.  All you would need to do to show proof is show some mail in the box and other left out with the same postmark.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ish said:

Just received another shipment of joyful nerdy stuff from BattleFoam. Product is perfect, shipping was speedy, prices were more than fair... and UPS screwed the pooch on delivery.

Paid extra for “signature required,” since I’ve been having a lot of packages stolen off my porch lately. I happened to be out in my yard when the driver pulled up. He refused to let me sign for it, insisted it was perfectly reasonable for him to sign on my behalf, and was just generally an obnoxious git. Phoned UPS customer service, they gave me the run around for over an hour, until eventually telling me, essentially, “DILLIGAF.”

Called BattleFoam. The customer service rep practically tripped over herself in order to be helpful. Promised to fix the issue and have a talk with their UPS rep about it.

I freakin’ love BattleFoam.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Battlefoam has been amazing to me. I love them dearly

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Are you tired of never having a word to playfully insult coworkers in a way that won't interest HR? Getting bored with the same old vocabulary? Find those little bastards in the Elder Scrolls games annoying and you hope a friend who's irritating you also remembers them, and if you call them the name of that little [big bad swear word], they'll get it?

Try Scamp!

1) It works in all settings: at work, around kids, after church; nobody will clutch their figurative pearls!

2) It's old timey enough to be non-threatening, but derogatory enough to be chastising even if they don't know what a scamp is!

3) It begins and ends with double consonants with a single vowel sound in the middle. You can really lean in the "SK", drag that "aaaaaaaa" out as long as you want and make it plenty guttural, and pop that "mP" as much as you need to communicate just what kind of scamp they are! You can't mispronounce it, you can only extra-pronounce it!

4) Being a single syllable, it chains nicely into any string of curses if you're working more blue!

Anything from "You two-timing scamp-ass mother******!" to "Gedoutta heah, ya scamp!" [feigned sideboot on the backside as they walk away, for only others to see] is an acceptable use for it!

Start making your stamp, use scamp today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

True story:

Neighbor that lives across the street and two houses over from me is a badass violinist. She's super respectful about practice hours as well. Sometimes I'll have a rough day at work, pull up in front of my house and she'll be playing. I've sat in front of my home, sweaty and filthy, for 45 minutes before just to listen to her play. It's a beautiful thing and tough to describe. Finally met her today, this mythical figure that has lightened my load on many nights, the lady who has given me a wonderful gift when I needed it the most.

Finally met this siren songstress face to face today and she's a nasty piece of human garbage.

It's a crazy world out there folks, take care of each other.

😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, PourSpelur said:

True story:

Neighbor that lives across the street and two houses over from me is a badass violinist. She's super respectful about practice hours as well. Sometimes I'll have a rough day at work, pull up in front of my house and she'll be playing. I've sat in front of my home, sweaty and filthy, for 45 minutes before just to listen to her play. It's a beautiful thing and tough to describe. Finally met her today, this mythical figure that has lightened my load on many nights, the lady who has given me a wonderful gift when I needed it the most.

Finally met this siren songstress face to face today and she's a nasty piece of human garbage.

😉

Don't break my heart like that 😞

On 7/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, PourSpelur said:

True story:

😉

That was a wild ride. Hopefully you can just listen to the music and forget the person.  Also, if you want me to sing to you I am more then willing. 🙂

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, PourSpelur said:

I'm really not broken up by it, just surprised. I'll be perfectly ok with listening from my truck and avoiding her in person;)

Really, I was mostly thrown off by how far my mental picture of this person was, from reality.

That's what you get for judging an audiobook by its reader.

23 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

'Pumped up Kicks' is just an Indie cover of 'Jeremy'

All songs are, in fact, covers of 4’33” by American composer John Cage. Some take more liberties than others in changing the lyrics, chords, or duration.

• Haha 2