OFCC, Dire Avengers and Wave Serpents

intrizic

Just because I had a negative experience in a game, or felt that certain people may have had their lists rated softer than they should have been rated because of Good ol boy networks does not mean I should let that experience color how I approach OFCC.  I am going to get 5 great games with great guys and further community support.  I am responsible for me, and if I were a team captain, them as well.  Saying "I don't see a problem with bringing a hard list, because I've seen others bring a hard list" only serves to build a sense of entitlement that I personally would rather not see at such events.  Save that for LVO, OFCCO, NOVA, etc.

No offense intended, man.  Honestly, I think their shouldn't be a LRC, everything should be available.  I think the Hard vs Soft lists would sort themselves out pretty quickly.  Maybe have the LRC just for First round match ups.  if people aren't playing for prizes, letting the Hardcore players play Hardcore shouldn't have an effect on the rest.  I don't know if that makes any sense outside of my head.

no offense intended man, save the [big bad swear word]ing lecture

Stuff

I don't know...  As someone who has had almost every list I've ever submitted rejected at least once.  I think your point of perception is the most relevant point.  Most people will simply perceive this list a better than what it is.  But that doesn't preclude this list going berserk in a few games in a row jading even more peoples options. :D

• Like 2

As a guy working with this exact problem I have settled on 3 serpents with 2 full avenger squads and 1 squad of guardians. I am taking jetbikes instead of the 4th serpent and I think that's ok. My reasoning is I am working with a painter who is of a high caliber and I can only afford so much to be painted.

The fourth serpent says "I like to be boring sometimes...." A fifth would say I don't like to actually play this game often because I enjoy spamming like a boss.

Just take another fast option like spiders, hawks, hornets, or even shining spears. I'm considering them all.

Well, I'm kinda sorta running a RazorSpam list, but since it's not 5th Ed anymore, it works out. There are some other similar concepts I could see getting OKed, like BA Assault Marine Spam or Nid CC MC Spam.

This is true. Although, I don't think anyone would ever ask 'Do you think this Razorspam list will get past LRC?' :)