Khorne Daemonkin for OFCC Team Event

Edosaurus Rex

Hey all,

Here's what I am leaning towards taking for the OFCC team event this year. This list is mostly based on what models I think are awesome, with a few tweaks so I don't get slaughtered every game (although Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, so I guess that doesn't matter much).

Khorne Daemonkin CAD

HQ

Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage- 275
-Great Axe of Khorne

He's my Warlord, of course

Troops

8 Cultists- 58
-Autopistols and close combat weapons
8 Cultists- 58
-Autopistols and close combat weapons

Elites

3 Chaos Terminators- 131
-2 Terminators with power weapons and combi-meltas, Terminator Champion has a chainfist and combi-melta

Fast Attack

8 Raptors- 232
-2 meltaguns, Icon of Wrath, Raptor Champion has a pair of lightning claws and meltabombs

Heldrake- 170
-Baleflamer
8 Flesh Hounds- 128

Lord of War

Lord of Skulls- 948
-Skullhurler

Total: 2000

Well, there you have it. I realize that the Lord of Skulls is mostly just a big waste of points, but the model is way too awesome for me to not include in the army (especially since this is probably the only tournament he will ever see play in, given how terrible he is for the points). Oh, and the only reason why the Raptor Champion is equipped as such is because I have that really awesome Chaos Lord with lightning claws and jump pack model that has never seen play, and I only have 7 of the classic metal raptors besides him so it's a nice squad of 8. I tried to make every squad a unit of 8 where possible, the only exception being the Chaos Terminators (the unit would be over 300 points if I took 8 models, which I couldn't fit). I did, however, successfully end with a total of 8 units, which makes me happy inside.

So what do you guys think? Is this a nice OFCC appropriate list? If so, how would you rate it? If not, what can I do to make it better?

I think each Terminator comes with 8 spikes on it's shoulders, so they already come with an inbuilt number of Khorne. As for the rating, I would say 2. You have 2 units that you require to do a LOT of work. And not overly effectively either. So, yeah. 2 is where I stand. Super heavy and everything.

I think each Terminator comes with 8 spikes on it's shoulders, so they already come with an inbuilt number of Khorne.

This is incredibly sound logic.

I agree with Chappy, I think this list is a solid 2. It's not weaksauce (mostly because of the superheavy), but it definitely isn't a 3. I would be very happy if all of my OFCC games were against lists like this.

That's about what I was thinking. I wasn't expecting this list to be a problem, I was mostly just hoping that it would be a 2 and not a 3. Some people seem to think that as soon as you have a superheavy in your list it is suddenly OP and broken, so I just wanted to put it out there and get some feedback.

Also, I like the 8 spikes on the shoulders thing haha I never thought of that. I guess it's extra fluffy then!

Any suggestions to make the list more fun though? As in a different unit to take just to up the awesome factor a bit (effectiveness aside).

• Like 1

The Daemonkin book is just all of the khorne Daemons and most CSM units (which must have the mark of Khorne) rolled into one book. The only major differences are the wargear and the Blood Tithe table, which gives you points for every unit that dies (friendly or enemy) abd you can spend the points to buff your units or summon new Khorne Daemon units. Basically it's just a way to give Khorne armies a way to get summoned Daemons since Khorne doesn't have any psykers.