Cleaving Strike+Staff of change?

Both are lesser rewards for Codex Daemons.

For the sake of this question, staff of change is basically a power maul (+2 str, AP4, concussive).

Cleaving strike resolves to-hit rolls of 6 as double the strength of the user.

Would the melee weapon strength bonus (+2) apply after this, or does the cleaving strike override the power maul entirely?

In the case of my pink horrors, the distinction is resolving cleaving strike at S6 or S8, so it could matter a good deal.

The BRB is quite clear- any time you would have multiple modifiers, regardless of their source, you always multiply/divide first and then add/subtract. So, for example, if your Herald rolled a Cleaving Strike but someone had cast Enfeeble on its unit, even though the Enfeeble is a continuously-applied effect, your Herald would be Str 7 with that attack (4 x 2 = 8, 8 - 1 = 7) not Str 6.

The BRB is quite clear- any time you would have multiple modifiers, regardless of their source, you always multiply/divide first and then add/subtract. So, for example, if your Herald rolled a Cleaving Strike but someone had cast Enfeeble on its unit, even though the Enfeeble is a continuously-applied effect, your Herald would be Str 7 with that attack (4 x 2 = 8, 8 - 1 = 7) not Str 6.

Alright, glad I asked, as I'm now certain.