for funzies: scatter laser ratio

intrizic

Yes, the answer to scatter laser spam is Land Raiders everywhere.

AV13 front would do just fine. That's like almost every necron vehicle, preds, vinds, soulgrinder, imperial knights and so forth.

AV13 front would do just fine. That's like almost every necron vehicle, preds, vinds, soulgrinder, imperial knights and so forth.

Except front isn't going to do it when your opponent can just get side arc.

Here's my new Eldar list. Give me a list that will stand up to it:

Single CAD: 40 Jetbikes, 1-2 Jetseers, Wraithknight, 3-9 Vauls with D Weapons

That's 4-10 long ranged D, 160 36" S6 AP6 and plenty of psychic to handle buffs/debuffs.

This is assuming there are no lances, D weapons or anything else in the other 800 points of the army. 

Land Raiders aren't going to save you.

Right, how foolish of me.... My army is only the 250pt tank, but yours is 1k+. How silly of me, thinking that the eldar should fight with same number of points.

Wow...so...uh...

Let's turn this topic on its head as per what Pax was attempting.  Uh, how in the name of all that's holy can *anything* compete with this!??!?!  What is going to hold up to that?  

Seriously, I'd love to hear some thoughts.  

Luckily, I'm only worried about the bikes. The D will probably be banned from ITC events. 

So who can survive 160 S6 AP6 shots a turn? Who can also survive the associated lances, psychic powers and other goodies that the other 800 points will bring?

I think sisters (stay with me) will do okay. Repressors for AV13 front. Plasma Oblit with Dominions for Bike Killing goodness. Dominions/Exos to take out the Wraithknights. Not good by any means, but okay.

could be typos as well in the white dwarf.  We have seen it before.  I'll wait for the codex before I scream (happily as an Eldar player or in terror as everyone else).

That's what everyone is hoping for. That one or both are incorrect (the jetbike upgrades and the D weapon on everyone).

Personally, I'm shooting for 'worst april fools ever'.

I don't play enough small unit count armies to care about D weapons ("Oh noes!  My Orks!"), but the scatter laser spam is insane.  Even assuming I'd have 5+ cover, 40 jetbikes would kill ~60 boyz a TURN.  

Without suffering from return fire for at least the first turn. (based on range) and that isn't counting the JSJ shenanigans.

• Like 1

Let this sink in.  

Double CAD

12 units of 3 jetbikes with scatter lasers.  972 pts and you have better ability to spread out the damage so even if you face MSU you don't get "hosed".  

Also, one of the few drawbacks on the jetbikes is low Leadership, so a big unit is probably not optimal as it's just a few casualties and a failed check from getting run off the board.