Star Wars Trailer!!!

andozane

Apparently Lucas wrote a rough draft for E7-9 but they basically threw it out the window and decided to go their own way. Almost as if to say E1-3 were such crap that you are not allowed to have an input on the new ones.

Wait, Lucas had E1-3 written as well? Wacky. I wonder if they would have been any good.

I'm not ashamed to admit I started tearing up watching the trailer with Ezra on my lap. Star Wars was always something I shared with my parents (they'd always talk about the moment in the theatre when the star destroyer comes over the first time and how it was so amazing) and I can't wait to take Ezra to the theater. I also love that when he asks me who people are, I HAVE NO IDEA. We're both going to experience it together for the first time.

• Like 3

I'm not ashamed to admit I started tearing up watching the trailer with Ezra on my lap. Star Wars was always something I shared with my parents (they'd always talk about the moment in the theatre when the star destroyer comes over the first time and how it was so amazing) and I can't wait to take Ezra to the theater. I also love that when he asks me who people are, I HAVE NO IDEA. We're both going to experience it together for the first time.

Watching these movies you loved as a kid with your kids is just great.

I watched the Star Wars movies with my kids years ago, but they always complained that they had seen/played the movie already via Lego Star Wars and that Lego Star Wars was so much better. I got the same reaction from them recently when we started watching the LoTR trilogy.

• Like 1

NO.  Wookies live on average 400 years.  Chewie is relatively young for a wookie so the 30ish years is like 6 or 7 for a person.  IIRC, he was about 150 years old or such at the time of the original trilogy so, about late 20s-mid 30s for a person.  6-7 years for a person aren't that big of a deal (like, when I look at pictures of myself in my mid 20s I don't look THAT different than I do now).  

Apparently Lucas wrote a rough draft for E7-9 but they basically threw it out the window and decided to go their own way. Almost as if to say E1-3 were such crap that you are not allowed to have an input on the new ones.

"...but we'll let you jot your ideas down so we have something physical to literally throw in your face."

• Like 4

My latest re-watch, and the first watch of many of my kids, was in Machete order. Love it, and think it does the best job of making use of the good bits of 1-3 (well, 2-3, really) to enhance the story told in 4-6. I'm convinced it's the only way to watch the series anymore.

http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

• Like 3

Not sure what that is? Is it in any way related to unobtanium?

It would be a witticism about Midichlorians being unwritten.  Maybe the single best thing about unwriting E1-3.  And I say that being a staunch hater of JarJar.

And as a side-note, I find that Machete Order (see Jim's post above) also results in Midichlorigones.  Yay!