Star Wars Battle Front

intrizic

I have been looking forward to a battlefront game for something more Iron Age technology than the PS2 (we still have our PS2 cuz we still play the old Battlefront games)

The trailer looks absolutely amazing and the Star Wars geek kid in me gets all goosebumpy....but I was really disapointed to hear that they had made the game into a first person shooter, I.e. Just like all the other FPS games out there. Hopefully the most deadly attack in the game will not be hitting an enemy with your gun, which seems more dangerous than shooting the enemy with your gun in most FPS games out there.

I have been looking forward to a battlefront game for something more Iron Age technology than the PS2 (we still have our PS2 cuz we still play the old Battlefront games)

The trailer looks absolutely amazing and the Star Wars geek kid in me gets all goosebumpy....but I was really disapointed to hear that they had made the game into a first person shooter, I.e. Just like all the other FPS games out there. Hopefully the most deadly attack in the game will not be hitting an enemy with your gun, which seems more dangerous than shooting the enemy with your gun in most FPS games out there.

From my understanding you can play it in first or third person and it will have split screen play as well.

It will be on PC, PS4 and XB1.

• 1 month later...

Maybe not enough of a SW buff, but I thought the thai-fighters didn't work in an atmosphere. Do I have it wrong, or did they fudge it just to keep the iconic ships in the game?

You have it wrong.

Or did you forget the entirety of the Falcon's escape from Cloud City?

I did forget it. Though could have been luke hallucinating due to the pain of his lost arm and the trauma to his psyche upon learning his mortal enemy was also his creator.

• 3 months later...

I've been playing the past couple days, and I gotta say on the Hoth assault, I've seen the Rebels win once in I don't know how many tries. Is that been your guy's experience, too?

And is there a way to 'stay' on one side or the other? I keep getting bounced between Rebels and Imperials... is that just a beta thing for testing purposes? Or when it actually launches will you be able to 'pick' a side and stay on it?