Annihilation Tournament - Pretre list musings 1850

pretre

I'm seriously considering letting my nearly 6 year old slap paint on all the Orks I plan on getting in order to get my new horde-o-orks playable.  Just give him 3 colors and let him go to town.  It'd probably look about as good as I can do, and will be tourney legal, and he works for juice!  

• Like 2

CAD (10 Ob-Sec)

RP with Helm and Mastery Level 2 - 105

5 GH with Melta/WG with Combi-Melta and Drop Pod - 135

5 GH with Melta/WG with Combi-Melta, 5 CCW and Drop Pod -  143

5 GH with Plasma/WG with Combi-Plasma, 5 CCW and Drop Pod - 148

5 Blood Claws with Flamer in Rhino - 100

5 Blood Claws with Flamer in Rhino - 100

5Long Fangs with 2 ML and 2 Lascannons - 145

Plasma Oblit - 230 (This can take building upgrades, but not sure I want any. The ammo dump is tempting, but meh.)

CotGW

WGBL with TWM, Fenrisian Wolf, WC/SS - 143

3 TWC with WC/SS, SS/CCW, BP/CCW - 170

3 TWC with SS/CCW, BP/CCW, PF/BP - 160

5 Wolf Guard with 4 Combi-Meltas in Drop Pod - 165

Iron Priest with Thunderwolf Mount - 105

What do people usually roll on for shooty Rune Priests? Tempestas for the Primaris?

Just noticed the points were right but the # of CCW was wrong. 4 Each on the two GH and one of those 4 goes to the WG (So he gets BP/CCW/CCW and then trades CCW for Combi).

My board presence was crazy and the tennis style first to four wins meant i won on turn 4 in all three gamea (ties gave both sides a win).

Krakenbeard and boys just killed and distracted from all the obsec.

Wait, the rule was the first army to claim 4 objectives wins?  Wow. 

Wait, the rule was the first army to claim 4 objectives wins? Wow.

No. Each turn you compared maelstrom from just that turn an whoever got the most maelstrom that turn won that turn. Whoever won four turns that way won the game. Was really quick and fun.
  • Like 2

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Knights and super heavies would be at a kind of disadvantage, as format required bodies and board control. Knights and super heavies being expensive are into you ability to control the board. Eldar would have done well.

My knights did chew threw the cav no problem, but bad deployment gave pretre complete board control and made his game against the Knights fairly easy. As getting better points was no problem, staying alive was. Couldn't connect with a melta shot. The Knights general did cost him a couple points as he was stingy and refused to reroll critical rolls.

A drop pod list was actually a very strong option in the format.

It was a lot of fun and definitely favored tactical play versus brute strength. Highly suggest giving it a try

• Like 1

I fought biggle's knight list and killed one and wounded two. Amusingly enough, a lot of my list is not that great at killing stuff. It is really good at holding the board four four turns though. All of my games would have been a lot different if I went to five or six turns.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I fought biggle's knight list and killed one and wounded two. Amusingly enough, a lot of my list is not that great at killing stuff. It is really good at holding the board four four turns though. All of my games would have been a lot different if I went to five or six turns.

Which I think attests to more tactical builds and play. I can't think of a game I tabled an opponent in 4 turns, but I can think of a game I tabled them or was tabled by 5 or 6, this format allows each turn to be critical.

Secondly it mitigates runaway points from good draws, as each turn points reset.

A great rule for super heavies that cost me a few turns was when third hull point was removed from an individual knight that was a point for my opponent, so that meant they could max at 4 and I could get more than 3. I think it was a good balance of escalation.

• Like 1