Apoc Game? May 15, 16, 17?

dalmer

Hello there,

Folks at the last tourney were talking about an Apocalypse game.  I can host and might even be able to play... if not, I have tons of models folks can borrow to bolster their forces!

May 15th - Friday / set up / maybe opening round or two?

May 16th - Saturday / other rounds or ending

May 17th - Sunday / in case folks just can't get enough or a day of rest

I can supply the location, (4) realm of battle boards, the tables to put said boards on and some terrain.  The floor will be cushioned so your knees n' feet will appreciate it.

Would folks be interested?  If not, no worries... I thought I'd ask.  But I'd have to state that if you say "I do" then I'd hold you to it due to planning, etc.  Plus, no one wants to have an Apoc game of one.  ha

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Hello there,

Cool to see that some folks are already interested...

I'm going to keep trying to make this happen so if you fine folks could also talk it up, that'd be peachy.

And again, if someone says "my force isn't big enough" please remind them that I can supply models to assist if they have the following armies:  Space Marines; Tau; Tyranids; Orks; CSM; Necrons; Eldar.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

So first a list of participants and number of points desired... I want at least 5 K but can add more. From there we need to set starting.

Personally I like the idea of setting up Friday playing Saturday. No extra day on Sunday...I have stuff to do.

I'm keen to see how much junk people have and want to bring. Also I'm planning on remaining battle forged using apoc formations from war zone books have as well...

VonVilkee has been nominated as the "guy that has the set-up rules and stuff."   :)

dalmer has been nominated as the "guy that's hosting so will take care of all that stuff."

I strongly suggest getting solid commitments from attendees so it doesn't implode like last time.

Stay safe,

don

Hello there,

Answering questions I've received, in no particular order:

*  no minimum mass (assuming that means army points value)... everyone that wants to play should be able to play.  If that means they recycle troops or borrow figs or whatever I'm cool with that

*  BradNardone, I know you didn't pose a question but I have a gob o' Tau as well if you wanna bolster your force

*  with regards to space restrictions, I have two sections of my pole barn that I can utilize... so roughly 20' wide by 40' long.  Flooring will consist of horse stall mats and wrestling mats.  (I have my gym in the other 2 bays and my work stuff in the 5th bay)

*  with regards to tables, I think I have 6 or 8 folding tables that are the typical picnic-type / small business-type ones... I think they're like 6' long and a few feet wide

*  with regards to layout, I have (4) Realm of Battle boards, or (24) two-foot squares... so most likely we'd use the 8 long by 3 deep layout?  So 16' long and 6' wide?

*  why I'm doing this:  I rarely get to game with you fine folks and wanna get to know y'all.  Thus, I'm willing to host stuff like this in order to provide a gaming experience for you and get to know y'all.  And sometimes I've been told that Apoc games are challenging to set up and such so the pole barn can work better than DTG

I just checked my schedule and I am free the weekend of May 15th so I am in.  I myself can bring 4500 points of Tau, and maybe add a bit onto that from dalmer's stash if need be?

Also I like the idea of getting everything set up on Friday and maybe playing turn 1 if time permits, and then play rounds 2-5 on Saturday.

Awesome wrote my list tonight...some how 5k on the nose. 3 imperial knights, stormlord, baneblade, and the entire 3rd company of the dark star saviors. (captain, chaplain, command ssquad, 3 dreads, 6 Tactical squads, 2 devestators, 2 assault). I'd like to add a conclave of ancients and a CAD with the more specialized equipment but I will limit myself...

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.