Apoc Game? May 15, 16, 17?

dalmer

Okay, so we have:

VonVilkee's evil band o' folks

BradNardone's Tau... and yes, you may bolster your forces with whatever I have.  I can write you out what I have but it's something like:  commander in crisis suit; 18 crisis suits; 1 squad of 6 stealth suits; like 18 pathfinders; like 40+ fire warriors; 4 remora drones; I think 4 devilfish; 2 hammerheads; 3 broadsides and 2 riptides.  I think.

generalripphook's IG.  Who may be bad or good?

and I will host.  Heck, if you get others to join in I can always just watch, which would seriously be a blast for me!  But in case we need points to even things up I can play, too.

gotta hit the sack, work's over.

thanks for everyone's enthusiasm!

for narrative purposes, i have no issues with being on the Tau side.  or we could make it a 1v1v1v1 and just let the alliances and hastily-decided pacts determine folks' fate

prioritization of targets would definitely be brought to bear in a throwdown like that!

Alright then Eli and myself vs Don and Brad.

Don do you have any of the apoc war zone books? They have some cool formations (which count as detachments for battle forging purposes) that allow some nifty rules, hoping you have some of the marine ones.

Brad I have one with tau stuff for you to peruse on Tuesday...

Eli you've seen the books before let me know if you need anything, also as we are on the same side of you want some of my super heavy tanks you can use the points and I'll add some more formations...rhinos and razorbacks with tank hunter and assault vehicle would be awesome!

Hello there,

I have all the Apocalypse War Zone books, I think (if you mean like Damnos, etc.).

How many points should I look to organize?

BradNardone let me know about models.

I'm guessing that it doesn't sound like anyone else wants in?

Seems no, I'm organizing 5K.

Eli how many you organizing?

Brad how many can you organize?

Don yes those are the books I speak of. I'm planning on taking a company (apoc book), 3 imperial knights, a conclave of ancients (damnos), armored vanguard squadron (damocles). Depending on how many points I have left I might squeeze in a landraider spearhead (damnos).

I figure Eli will take both my super heavy tanks...

If others come on board I can easily grow my force or Don you can go arbiter and primary witness :). I'd say for points match me for now, Brad and Eli should be able to roughly match up well

I have a question and don't mean to upset the apple cart...

Brad and I will have nothing superheavy.  You guys will have a bunch.  Does that matter?

Also, Brad instead of marines do you want me to just make it an all-xenos force and field Eldar instead?  Again, no superheavies though.  Or if you're not gonna borrow any Tau I could do a Tau/Eldar combo force.

I dunno, just tossing things out there.  I think we're wiped either way due to having no knights, no supers, etc.  LOL

I'm not worried about super heavies, tau have plenty of melta and strength 8+ guns. if we are doing 5k each i would need to borrow the 3 broadsides, the 2 riptides and some crisis suits.  Up to you what you play, although it would be fun to see eldar tau alliance against their over fortified armor.

Thought you had a couple...my bad. Tau set for anti armor should make short work of them. Armor 14 only goes so far.

I'd be fine letting Eli keep my two heavy tanks and switching sides.

Another option would be to let you completely set the terrain Eli and I then make it an assault on a strong point. We could place some craters and maybe roll pre game to destroy a couple of pieces of terrain as our opening salvo from orbit to make good on the push.

Also check out some of the tau formations lots of little done squads with market lights could be amazing for making sure the tau anti tank is on target.

In apoc I've actually found that basic units do some of the best work. Drop pod Melta ruins super heavies and they are expensive points wise. Heck the knights area basic army these days and i run three weekly. They are intimidating but not good at actually winning games :)

Hey, sorry long work week.

*  Brad, copy that on you borrowing Tau.  I'll verify my available models and post it.  No problems on having a couple of pops when you play, as long as you have driving taken care of and all that jazz

*  for my army and for ease's sake I'll just use my marines.  I'll write up a 5k list and plan on us defending something

*  Corey, I am going to use the "preferred enemy" special rule against your marines because no matter what you say... your forces are evil!  ha ha ha

*  I won't use superheavies, as I don't have em but I'll try and represent well!

*  I don't know what a strategium is so I'll follow the majority lead on that

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.