Apoc Game? May 15, 16, 17?

dalmer

Yeah Friday I'm off work barring a callout.

I will be here from 3:30pm on so if you come early, totally fine.  I'll pick up the RoB game boards on Thursday the 14th (off that day, too).  If you come early I have a gym if you wanna work out or just help with stuff.

*  I won't use the big tank for my marines, doesn't fit

*  and to confirm... make a 5k point list?

*  I DO NOT HAVE TONS OF TERRAIN so if you want to bring some go ahead

I will do my best to read up the strategims or whatnot but since I'll be going the slowest I can find solace in the fact that y'all won't steer me wrong.  Oh... if strategims = those *#$*ing cards, I don't wanna play with those.  Let's just have a straight up battle, not a game of 40k Clue.

I'll bring terrain Don. The cards are part of what makes apoc, apoc but I totally dig a straight up big battle. We will chat about cards all together on that Friday. I'm in different, I'd say no auto cards if a formation adds one you can have it, and we might bring them in later.

The cards are supposed to even out discrepancies but with terrain being set by one team (mostly) we could prolly just forge a narrative with out them.

copy that.  if cards make apoc then use em... i just (personal opinion) can't stand them cards in normal 40k games.

Okay, here's our tactical plan and overall strategy.  First, we'll.... hey WAIT!  Look over there!  Someone blow up that rhino and you'll get a gold star!  (forces rumble out, caring not for the original plans)

These are different cards! More like we have strike cruiser support in five four three... Boom explosive lance strike. They are chosen and then expended As a resource during the game. We will have fixed objectives that give you strategic points side with the most wins...some of the cards require point expenditures and you can use points during breaks to recycle units...

This is why Friday setup will be nice we can leisurely set up and discuss the mission then actually play the next day!

*** someone please confirm that I need to make a 5k list, or tell me what points I need to do my list at ***

Fluff?

Well... Brad's Tau are just chillin', eatin' some food and talkin' 'bout Cuba when (ALL OF A SUDDEN!) they uncover some kind of (insert evil adjectives here)(insert evil thingiemabobber that you and Corey would want).  Since they're sooooooo technologically advanced, the Tau unearth it (or unslime it or whatever fits based on the aforementioned descriptors) and start examining it.

*** PING GOES THE TRIGGERED LOCATOR BEACON ***

Corey and you have forces that are pillaging/rampaging/having tea parties where they damn well please in the sector and your comms gear registers the PING.  Hey, someone found our (insert evil adjectives here)(insert evilthingiemabobber that you and Corey would want)!  Let's go get it!

Hey, what are those things?  I don't care, we're evil and thus must destroy them.

Cue the noble Tau warrior caste, preparing to defend whilst the other castes prepare to flee.  Man, dats a lotta spikey bits comin' in.

*** BUT WAIT! ***

There are some non-spikey bits comin' in, too.  "Friendly" marines to the rescue!

We're not so much interested in helping the Tau as we are destroying the evil guys and/or the aforementioned (evil adjective)(evil thingimabobber).  But hey, since the Tau seem to be shooting the evil forces, the enemy of my enemy is my friend!

Unless we're the last two standing at the end, then we'll probably duke it out... but hey, no one expects us to be standing at the end so OMG IT'S EVEN MORE NOBLE!

Brad,

Rough verification available Tau forces:

*  1 commander in crisis suit

*  15 crisis suits

*  6 stealth suits

*  48 fire warriors

*  1 fire warrior leader guy

*  4 devilfish

*  4 remora drones

*  3 broadsides

*  2 riptides

*  2 hammerheads

Doesn't matter I think them pre planning their deployment and terrain should work fine given that we will be able to stack a couple of objectives decently close. Force them to either deploy to cover giving us (well me) assault potential or we just grind it out... Should be interesting!

• Like 1

FYI I got called in to train at another LE agency that day, but only until 6pm.

So I won't be there from 3:30 pm on but you're welcome to come out and I'll tell the boy not to open fire on the trespassers.  Or come after 6pm and I'll be there.

• Like 1

... and with regards to set-up, if we want THEME then:

*  Tau set-ups defensively and gets some terrain to dig into?

*  y'all come from the opposite board area/etc.

*  I can enter play completely as reserves or from the furthest flanking board edge or something

That's if you want storyline.  I haven't opened the book (duh)

• Like 1

Brad, please check your PM folder here.  Sent you a message inquiring about the game.

Hope everyone's doing well.  I appreciate you all including me in the game and showing a willingness to be patient with my getting up to speed.  Should be a fun game and really think it'll make a cool story!

Stay safe,

don

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.