First Game of Planetfall

generalripphook

Played my first game of Planetfall against Fix. The game was my Retholian Core Helix against his Terran one. 

The game went very quick, we both ran up and shot each other, I dropped on the Objectives and won a marginal victory. 

Thoughts and Questions,

Army construction is weird, the Terran core box comes with 5 infantry stands but in the infantry profile it says Squadron size of 4 of 6, so how do you field 5??

Game seems to play very quick and is very evident its meant to be a lot of points. Unit profiles are very deceiving as units with no weapons will sometimes have very high CQE attacks. This type of combat seems very important as the battle swirls around objectives.

Its a lot more simple in terms of tokens, status tracking than dystopian wars or Firestorm Armada, and the weapon MAR's seem much more streamlined. 

• 6 months later...

This is a game I really want to get back to. Painting the models is not hard and there isn't much to do with just core helixes. I like the rules and do find the game more streamlined than typical Spartan fare. I picked up the Relthozan core during GG's end of year sale. I need to focus getting my starter set finished first though. Would definitely be down for getting some games in during the OFCC.