Necrons and their top tier lists

derek

The aura effect of the spyder is bs it does exactly what they're saying it does without the limitation of being in that bubble the entire turn just for the start of the turn to me and another friend who's been doing this game since 2nd ed there's absolutely no point in doing that nerf it's just playing favorites with imperial stuff and all them other waac whiners saying omg that is so op because they can do that every turn until they fall out of that 12 inch bubble

If you play with your friends that way, then continue to do so.

No one is trying to ruin your fun.

That being said, I don't think it really is too much to ask for us to keep our formation in 12 inch coherency to maintain the affect. The canoptek harvest is incredible strong either way- all it changes is your beasts run range vs your MCs. It makes you play a bit more strategically. It's as I said before- you have to be in an aura area for it to benefit/hurt you. A chapter banner with a 12 inch bubble doesn't help a unit that ran through its area of affect on the way to a fight.

I really don't see the argument about it being favoritism at all. It's a game, with plastic space army guys. Their are plenty of players, myself included that play both imperial factions and necrons.

• Like 1

The aura effect of the spyder is bs it does exactly what they're saying it does without the limitation of being in that bubble the entire turn just for the start of the turn to me and another friend who's been doing this game since 2nd ed there's absolutely no point in doing that nerf it's just playing favorites with imperial stuff and all them other waac whiners saying omg that is so op because they can do that every turn until they fall out of that 12 inch bubble

It's debatable. There have been plenty of rule debates that I feel confident about that others felt just as confident opposing. 5th ed KFF debate anyone?

I guarantee you that ITC didn't do this due to whining but because they thought that I'd how it should be played.

It's easy to interpret to me works just fine as the way it's written you just can't benefit from the rules next turn if you're not next to the spyder it works just fine the way it is there's no reason to change it what so ever since weRe not bringing anymore than one of that formation so not sure why the change is needed if we had the ability to bring multiple of those formations I can see it but with only 1 no I disagree For the change. The itc can say it's being fair but I don't see it as being very fair

Its not a question of fair. Its a question about ruling on an ambiguous rule. You say it is obvious. People disagree. This isn't a nerf like to invisibility or 2++ rerollable saves, it's a ruling.

Minor clarification point, the ITC nerf is to 2+ re-rollable saves, which includes cover and armor 2+ re-rolls, not just invulnerable ones.  You probably mis-typed, but a decent point of clarity.

ok well i disagree on that ruling because its pretty straight forward on how it works.

anyways changing topic in my own thread i have built a list that i am gonna be using against a friend he has expressed to another of our friends his dislike of flyers i'm not here to debate that i am just going to work with it and build a list in the idea that he has no flyers in his army list.

i'm using the mepheret dynasty cohort detachment and heres the list 

mephrit dynasty cohort  1994/2000

HQ: Cryptek 

chronomatron 

phase shifter

phylactery

god shackle

solar staff

OVerlord

resurrection orb

phase shifter

viel of darkness

voidreaper

solar thermasite

Troops:

Necron warriorsx20

immortals with tesla x5

immortals with tesla x5

Tomb Blades shadow looms and nebuloscopes

transcendant C'Tan

Formation

Canoptek Harvest 

Spyder

Wraiths with whip coils x6

scarab bases x3

Formation

Annihilation nexus

Doomsday Ark

Annihilation barge with Tesla 

annihilation barge with Tesla

I'm open to slight changes dont have much else to use honestly i have thought about a decurion but i have been wanting to try something different it kinda feels limiting in the decurion detachment.

so any tips changes or dirty tricks i can try please enlighten me so i can modify the list my friend is playing orks and i'm not to sure of what hes gonna bring its been almost 4 months since i've played him

If you play with your friends that way, then continue to do so.

No one is trying to ruin your fun.

That being said, I don't think it really is too much to ask for us to keep our formation in 12 inch coherency to maintain the affect. The canoptek harvest is incredible strong either way- all it changes is your beasts run range vs your MCs. It makes you play a bit more strategically. It's as I said before- you have to be in an aura area for it to benefit/hurt you. A chapter banner with a 12 inch bubble doesn't help a unit that ran through its area of affect on the way to a fight.

I really don't see the argument about it being favoritism at all. It's a game, with plastic space army guys. Their are plenty of players, myself included that play both imperial factions and necrons.

Its not correct though.  It grants it til the start of your next turn.  There should be no proximity requirement other than at the start of the turn.  Sigh.  More ITC shenanigans.  their FAQ sucks.

Thank you lord hanur for siding with me here that's what I've been trying to say this entire time but since everyone feels to disagree with that basic concept of rules playing as rules are written to me the spirit of the rule is clear and changing it to your benefit is ruining the spirit of the basic rule. Anyways back to how I wanted to change the topic to list construction does anyone have constructive criticism for my list I posted

I disagree and have done so on this topic long before ITC weighed in. The important thing about having a FAQ isn't agreeing with all of it's rulings; it's having those rulings in the first place to make things clear.

And before you say 'but it's clear to me already'... The fact that this has been debated ad nauseum since the codex came out points to the fact that it was unclear.

• Like 1

That is not what I'm trying to say that my opinion is the only one it's just to me that it's very clear. The rule didn't need changing to me but that is my opinion along with a few other people that I know who play crons. Anyways will somebody please look at my list and tell me if it's good or not

The list?

Vs Orcs I'd toss the C'tan for more shooting. Specifically more Tesla. The Transcendent C'Tan is pretty underwhelming- in fact, if you just really want a C'Tan I'd go with the Nightbringer.

Even a mediocre Necrons list should have a pretty good chance against most Orcs lists. You shoot much better and don't die, and you both have terribad initiative.

Also, can you take that many relics on 1 character? I always just assumed it was a one relic limit per character? The Solar staff and The God Shackle?

A monolith if you have one? Orcs don't bring much that can touch one of those.

More Immortals with Tesla rather than the C'Tan- In this circumstance I would say the Night Sythe is the better option as a transport since they also bring heavy Tesla firepower and Orc army strength often lies in quantity over quality. Those expoding 6s will lay out more wounds.

That is not what I'm trying to say that my opinion is the only one it's just to me that it's very clear. The rule didn't need changing to me but that is my opinion along with a few other people that I know who play crons. Anyways will somebody please look at my list and tell me if it's good or not

well look Derek I'm firmly in your corner and we all play it the way it is in the book which is that at the START of the turn, you choose a rule.  You then grant it to everyone within 12" and they have it til the begining of their next turn. Easy.

So I dont give a RIP how important some people think it is to have a large list of innacurate rulings just to get a few right.  I think it's important not to screw someone.  Color me crazy.  Oh wait.  Already been done.

So for what it's worth Derek, while I think it IS debatable and I can actually see the argument both ways on this one, I subscribe to occams razor when those things happen and the least complicated way to read this is simply that its granted.  That jibes best.  and if it feels like someone is trying to screw you on a ruling, it means they usually are.  

INAT mark 2.0, here we go...

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

A monolith if you have one? Orcs don't bring much that can touch one of those.

More Immortals with Tesla rather than the C'Tan- In this circumstance I would say the Night Sythe is the better option as a transport since they also bring heavy Tesla firepower and Orc army strength often lies in quantity over quality. Those expoding 6s will lay out more wounds.

Nob pf? Str 9 on charge in quantity? I know I'm a big fan to have all my boys have it. Or tank bustas have melta bombs.

Given how slow monoliths charging is not hard. Though fire power is decent against light infantry.

I can't take flyers due to friendly agreements. I only own the transcendent ctan if I had time to get a tesseract vault and take that I most definitely would and I would most definitely spam monoliths if I had them I had one at one time but he exploded when I was moving. And lord hanaur I appreciate that you're in my corner along with a few other people I don't want to come off as a jerk I really don't want people thinking that's what I am so I apologize to my fellow ordo members who have read this topic and have responded if I've been coming off in a rude tone. Anyways looking for some advice on competitive lists I don't have much in the way of crons I have ordered 4 ghost arks because my friends have complained about the flyer spam I was using so I wanted to switch to a ground control game and to be honest orks are the one army barring knights that drive me bonkers and pretty much make me go full retard when it comes to orks. fluger and I played 1 game up north against eachother in a tournament when I came with 6th ed eldar and dark eldar 3 wraith knights and some venoms and he experienced my terrible decision making When It comes to orks. My friend does have a few squads of shoota boyz a couple slugga boy squads 4 trukks 1 battle wagon a mass amount of nobz a couple warbosses gazzy 8 lootas and 9 burnaz and 5 deff koptas 1 war buggy and the storm claw stuff and a deff dread army varies when we play I never can really guess at what he will use because it's almost never the same besides his trukks and the boyz he also has like 20 or 30 gretchen probably more stuff now that we haven't played for 4 months.

Anyways the competitive lists somebody mentioned oberon but why him? I think zahndrek would be wayyyyyyyyy better for a competitive army list what about flayed ones I kinda like the idea of 20 of these guys putting out almost as many attacks as a squad of 30 boyz for just a immortal squad more in price. Any other good tips for competitive play

Flayed ones are ridiculously cool.  i love em.  Did you ever read my thread about my first Necron battles?  I think theres 8 in the army I was experimenting with.  Just Warriors, monoliths, an Obelisk and some Flayed ones I think.  Really fun army to play.  really simple.  Effective.  hard for anyone to complain much about it.  I had six Monoliths until recently (traded 2).  I use two.

But the Flayed ones performed quite well.  They arent fancy.  they just force a lot of saves.  And you know in 40K if you can do that you'll EVENTUALLY have good things happen.