Dark Angels and Objectives

Ok this may be a dump question as I may just be missing the obvious but when looking through the DA codex I noticed only the Battle Demi-Company mentions the Objective Secure rule but it also says for the units that have this rule. I have looked at all the units (I expect only the Tactical and Scouts should have it) none of them list that rule as an ability.

Did I miss something?

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Only in a few detachments, notably the Combined Arms Detachment and the Allied Detachment.

That is what I meant thanks for clarifying :). I knew non cad or allied detachments did not inherently have it. But thought cad and allied gave it to all troops unless the troop entry said otherwise.

• Like 1

While all the units are obsec it really only offsets the weakness of the forced unit choices. Assault element and three Tactical squads are not the most efficient choices but with obsec they become much better.

This demi company really plays into the whole every marine matters and can push home the day no matter his role

While all the units are obsec it really only offsets the weakness of the forced unit choices. Assault element and three Tactical squads are not the most efficient choices but with obsec they become much better.

This demi company really plays into the whole every marine matters and can push home the day no matter his role

Agree. It's neat having all the objective secured, but if you weren't planning to field those units anyway, it's really not a great deal.  Better off with a CAD.

You also have only the worst DA HQ options.

Hello there,

I agree with other posters concerning the "forced choices;" remember that a lot of Dark Angels players work on synergy within their army, so it might be more of a handicap than folks think.

In my opinion where this becomes a great option is the Battle Company.  I know a lot of talk about "OP" and "cheese" has been coming forth from others about it, which is their right, but it remains an option... just like in the Space Marine codex.  With the Battle Company you can really start to fill holes in the army list.

I've read that a lot of folks are leaning towards a straight-up CAD; I'm anxious to field-test both options and see.  So far on paper the Battle Company and all its perks are obviously an option that looks very good, especially when coupled with Ravenwing elements.  ObSec, full BS on overwatch plus Ravenwing special stuff could give a potent assault force that's otherwise lacking.

Stay safe,

don

It can be a pretty big deal, yeah. I've particularly noticed that every time I've beaten Dark Eldar, it's at least in part been because I had ObSec, and the Real Space Raiders don't. I'm going to be playing Skitarii and DaemonKin with their special Detachments more soon, and I'm definitely going to be paying attention to how that works out for me without ObSec.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Rw won't feel it as much as they will be able to deny more often, based on speed, but that is only if they are trying to contest a non obj sec unit. Now dw slow and will only own small pockets.

If you could tailor your maelstrom deck as agent p has allowed at some events you might be able to mitigate that. Also one Demi comp should give you a minimum amount of obj sec to compete.