Will you play Age of Sigmar? (Poll)

Will you play Age of Sigmar?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will you play Age of Sigmar?

I won't answer

Yes I will play it, for how long is the question.

First blush, no I will not stick with it.

SO the poll does not work for me.  I would answer Yes to try, No to be playing it after a month (probably no more than a few games to make sure I get the mechanics).

I like games.  I only have an ongoing relationship with a few.  I learn it, if it doesn't hook me I move on.

• Like 1

yea i voted no just based on feelings of 'will i stick with it' or not.  ill still test it but right now there's a fair too many things that rub me the wrong way... even for a skirmish game for me to like it they need to at LEAST have more rules for setup.  then the run around like a donkey or stare at your enemy for bonuses is just beyond stupid chlidish writing.  i get it, beer and pretzels but thats just too silly...

• Like 1

yea i voted no just based on feelings of 'will i stick with it' or not. ill still test it but right now there's a fair too many things that rub me the wrong way... even for a skirmish game for me to like it they need to at LEAST have more rules for setup. then the run around like a donkey or stare at your enemy for bonuses is just beyond stupid chlidish writing. i get it, beer and pretzels but thats just too silly...

Zombicide is a good Beer and Pretzel game. Warhammer with no point system and a line that says you and your opponent have to agree on, let's see, Army Size and Anything that might come up where the Rules fall short. (Look at the last paragraph of the rules.)

We have a hard time agreeing when we have well defined tight rule books in front of us. LOL! :biggrin:

Think of what Tournament Organizers have to go through to get players to have a Fun event with list building rules and clarifications on undefined rules. Times that by ten for every game.

On the plus side, for making my decision easier, there's not many fantasy players in the Eugene area so my yes may very well be a hell no!

The Lebanon crew doesn't do much Warhammer these days either (most of our players just moved on to other games over the last few years) though there was recent talk of getting out mini-game Fridays back into gear. If we do so, Lebanon is only about a 45 minute drive from Eugene.

• Like 1

Definitely going to be -trying- it. It costs nothing but a little time to do so. I've spent all this time, effort, and money into collecting my Skaven and Beastmen forces... why would I throw in the towel without at least giving the game a shot?

If I play it a half-dozen times or so and don't 'get that feeling', then I'll stick with 8th and move on. I'm keeping my 8th ed stuff no matter what, though. :)

-Tim

Time may prove me be wrong, but... No. Gaming time is too valuable to waste on this.... this.

The "unglued" rules are... Gods. Why?

An ongoing compendium: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129740

Thing is Jim, most of those 'fun' requirements are pretty nonsensical.

The Skaven one can't even be obtained - it's there just as a bit of funny fluff. (and I thought it was funny, as a Skaven player)

The dwarf one is 'hold a drink'... I can't remember a game I played with someone where i -wasn't- holding a drink at some point.

There's like a dozen, out of the -hundreds- of profiles in the game. It's not like every model has some out-of-game requirement to enact some sort of ability. And if you and your pals don't like them... don't use them.

I hope that's not the only thing bringing you down about the new game. :(

• Like 1

Thing is Jim, most of those 'fun' requirements are pretty nonsensical.

The Skaven one can't even be obtained - it's there just as a bit of funny fluff. (and I thought it was funny, as a Skaven player)

I hope that's not the only thing bringing you down about the new game. :(

The Skaven one is absolutely obtainable. First turn. Without even needing to roll. In a Chaos army that include Kairos and a Screaming Bell.

My friends aren't jerks, so I don't have to worry about bad games for the next year or two. But a lack of ongoing support for a decent game makes it difficult to get in new blood, so the player base has every chance to stagnate and whither. It's not those rules alone, but when a game company puts that much disregard for an established community. Well, [big bad swear word] that.

The ironic part, is that for the first time in age, GW courted the community. They sent out early review copies of AoS to tons of well established podcasts and rumor sites. The fact that they thought the community would embrace this... Gods alive, I'm not really sure what they were thinking. The GW website leads me to believe that AoS is Warhammer. Godsdamn, I guess this is equivalent to D&D pulling out 4th ed, save that now they're doing it without the benefit of a Pathfinder already in place. Unless that's Kings of War, I guess.

• Like 1

Kairos can't make you roll a 7 on a d6. He lets you choose the roll, but you can't choose a number not on the dice. Otherwise, you could use him to change d3 mortal wounds to 'a billion' or your save roll to 'nut punch your opponent'.

I dunno, change it to any result you desire seems pretty clear to me. Especially when a given result is listed on the chart of possible results. Plus, it's fun, bro. Right? It's just having a bit of fun!

standupjoker.gif

I dunno, change it to any result you desire seems pretty clear to me. Especially when a given result is listed on the chart of possible results. Plus, it's fun, bro. Right? It's just having a bit of fun!

There comes a time in just about any game where common-sense has to be applied. When the rule says to roll a dice (and as far as I know, this game only uses d6s), and the guy rolls a dice and his special rule says you can change the result on that die to a result of your choosing, it's pretty much common-sense that says it has to be a 'result' that's possible on that dice you just rolled.

But that's just my take on it. I figure it would be in a FAQ 3-4 years from now... if the game goes that long! :P