Age of Sigmar

I've had a good long read of the new rules and battles scrolls. It's seriously the biggest load of trash I've ever seen. I'm not sure that it qualifies as a game.

I'm curious to see how the organized play community responds, as this is not a basis for any type of organized play. A lot of the talk is around returning to the 7th Ed rules with the 6th Ed lists, which would be complete heaven.

I agree with everything in this post.  Right now, I am happy to keep playing Malifaux.

• Like 1

Hey Yarb, wanna play Battletech?  It's another 25+ year old game, but they didn't [big bad swear word] it up.

I really had no idea how bad they [big bad swear word]ed up Fantasy.  I'm genuinely amazed.  You're going to go and rename elves for copyright reasons and just assume people are going to be cool about that and just give you money for your creative spelling.  That takes some serious titanium balls.

Why not just rule that all dice have their 6's replaced with TM's?

• Like 1

Modified 7th Edition would be my ideal mode of play, especially if they used a mix of 6th and 7th edition army books and eventually took on the task of making "living" versions of all of the books like Blood Bowl does.

I'm real disappointed in AoS; I do hear that there is a full rulebook coming, theoretically with more rules to make this into an actual game? I've pretty much officially given up hope of this thing being playable though so it would take a lot of time and people talking it up for me to give it a go.

In the meantime, I'm not sure what the hell I want to do. I was banking fairly hard on 9th being pretty similar to 8th or at least a decent game, but with this garbage pile dropping out of a butt I don't know what I'll do. DESPAIR!

In the meantime, I'm not sure what the hell I want to do. I was banking fairly hard on 9th being pretty similar to 8th or at least a decent game, but with this garbage pile dropping out of a butt I don't know what I'll do. DESPAIR!

Let's try Kings of War together! My Woodies fit in pretty well to elves, and Undead are there, too.

• Like 1

Let's try Kings of War together! My Woodies fit in pretty well to elves, and Undead are there, too.

This actually has piqued my interest quite a bit.  I was interested in the game prior, but I didn't imagine it would ever gain traction in the face of Warhammer.  Now, with GW giving up, I think KoW should be able to harvest those people who stuck with Fantasy over Warmachine.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.