Age of Sigmar has potential!

Probably because you don't play warhammer.  Those are [big bad swear word]ing stupid!  Those "stipulations" are made for elemtary kids playing hop scotch.

They're also on like 15 models total across hundreds of profiles. The Skaven one isn't even doable (It's a fluffy/funny bit of humor and nothing more), and the benefits they offer are extremely minor from what I can tell. Don't wanna say three words in a deep voice? Don't use the ability. Don't use the character. Or ask your opponent if they really care whether you do 'the thing' or not. /shrug

If it makes folks feel better, though, supposedly they won't be putting any 'color flavor' like these on any of their new models. These handful of 'abilities' are sort of a 'send off' reserved for older models.

Whoever thought Warhams was -so serious-? :)

You could look at it like this: those 'flavor' abilities cost you -nothing-. No points. So if you don't use them, you're not losing out on anything. :)

Probably because you don't play warhammer.  Those are [big bad swear word]ing stupid!  Those "stipulations" are made for elemtary kids playing hop scotch.

Or they are a nod to the old silly roots of Warhammer and just a fun thing they added in as a farewell to the old stuff. 

Someone needs a hug.

• Like 1

So been looking at the unit cards for Vampire Counts and I have to say, there are interesting ideas there. Some of the rules are pretty cool and actually look like they would be fun to play. However, this doesn't take away from the fact that the rules for AoS are crap. They made a half-assed game. The unit cards are like rainbow sprinkles on a pile of crap. From a distance it might look appealing, but you don't want to eat it.

That pretty much sums up AoS for me.

I don't know about a kiddie forum. But maybe the Warhammer Fantasy tab should be moved to misc, since it's not supported and AoS should have it's own tab.

I think keeping WHFB and AoS in the same forum is fine. Maybe a combined name. After all, a lot of people are talking about still playing WHFB.

I think the major point here is that this set of rules was made to sell models and bring in new players. The old FB failed in both.

This edition is great for new players. See a cool unit? Buy it and play with it. For the first year of a new player, this will be awesome. Especially if they are playing with friends in the same boat. 

This game will bring in new players and it will make boat loads of money for GW and stores. GW has the ability to mass market their games and provide top of the line models.

Other skirmish games have a hard time competing for shelf space and interest. There are just too many to keep one as king so it's fragmented. When you are a store owner are you going for the newest kickstarter game or a GW game? It's easy for store owners. 

GW isn't stupid here. They took a dead game, milked it then nuked it from orbit. They reset it with a system that is easy to get into and will be fun. It will sell models way better than the old edition. It will bring in new players, who can play after building their first box of models, something not even 40k does well.

Not only that, but we as gamers have been bitching about GW's rules for years. They finally took our real complaint away, cost. They gave us rules for our existing models for FREE. We can now do what we want with them. Really do we need GW to tell us how to play with our models? No.

What this does is create a great game that will bring more people into the hobby and make money for stores and GW. Good things all around. As long as we don't poison newbies coming in and shame them for playing a game.

• Like 9

I think the major point here is that this set of rules was made to sell models and bring in new players. The old FB failed in both.

This edition is great for new players. See a cool unit? Buy it and play with it. For the first year of a new player, this will be awesome. Especially if they are playing with friends in the same boat. 

This game will bring in new players and it will make boat loads of money for GW and stores. GW has the ability to mass market their games and provide top of the line models.

Other skirmish games have a hard time competing for shelf space and interest. There are just too many to keep one as king so it's fragmented. When you are a store owner are you going for the newest kickstarter game or a GW game? It's easy for store owners. 

GW isn't stupid here. They took a dead game, milked it then nuked it from orbit. They reset it with a system that is easy to get into and will be fun. It will sell models way better than the old edition. It will bring in new players, who can play after building their first box of models, something not even 40k does well.

Not only that, but we as gamers have been bitching about GW's rules for years. They finally took our real complaint away, cost. They gave us rules for our existing models for FREE. We can now do what we want with them. Really do we need GW to tell us how to play with our models? No.

What this does is create a great game that will bring more people into the hobby and make money for stores and GW. Good things all around. As long as we don't poison newbies coming in and shame them for playing a game.

I disagree with pretty much everything you posted.

• Like 1