Meh, Crud. Mumble. Grrrr.

Ironically, I hated 8th Edition and my entire group became a ghost town n like two months.  But this has stoked me with some interest.

Age of Sigmar is quite unlikely to be much more than an "introduction" game, perhaps moreso for the skirmish level of it.  I think the actual version of the game will be more regulated.

if not, it is literally the end in all likelihood of competitive Fantasy.  Or if looking on the brighter side, an EXCELLENT reason to resurrect everyones 7th Edition books and such.  =)

Lots of good stuff out there:)

But I wouldn't right off AoS so readily.You know better than anyone how a game community can make a ruleset work out and Im convinced that this "Living" ruleset WILL grow beyond the initial four pages.

Plus theres a host of other great games as has been mentioned,though I would like to add Bolt Action to that list since ive heared you mention and interest in it:)

I have a 40k army that I could loan you to give it a try. We could even 40k on Sundays! Also, I will still play some 8th Edition with you.

-Chappy

Pretty sure Raindog has a pile of those in his basement... including the marines! Eric! Break out your marines!!!!!

I do hear a lot of whispers on the actual BRB coming later. With the AoS being like the Dark Vengeance box of 40k. I hope that is true, because the current rendition looks sketchy. But if y'all want to play some 8th Ed., I'll be around to keep the blocks of angry marching forward.

Tonight, I decided to play 8th until no one is interested. As Fixxer said at Game Night, the game is sacred to me. I will start an Escalation League in the fall and end with a Rampage in December.  If people play, great. If not, I will miss the community. 

Cheers,

RD

• Like 10

Tonight, I decided to play 8th until no one is interested. As Fixxer said at Game Night, the game is sacred to me. I will start an Escalation League in the fall and end with a Rampage in December.  If people play, great. If not, I will miss the community. 

Cheers,

RD

If for some reason AoS becomes more palatable to the community by that time and you choose to run that system I will step out of the 40k fall league and jump into what I now refer to as my "Fall Fantasy" gaming fun!

Either way,gaming will continue and fun will be had!

So, in every gaming place I've been connected with, there was always a group of weird old dudes who would come in, once in a while, with their long beards and wild eyes, and play Napoleonics.  They shunned the other gamers who they viewed as children. They shunned other games they viewed as immature, preferring the "strategy" of moving blocks of infantry around, in a game system no one knew.  Everyone gave them a wide birth, and treated them like they were from Mars, or from deep in the basement.  

You have now become those dudes.  

• Like 15

I'm really looking forward to the new game. While I love my dwarfs, The End Times killed 8th edition WFB for me. I didn't like the crazy magic at all. However, this new system is pretty neat, and I like the look of the new Sigmar faction. So much so, that I have already split a starter set with someone. I'm really looking forward to giving the new rules a try. :D

So, in every gaming place I've been connected with, there was always a group of weird old dudes who would come in, once in a while, with their long beards and wild eyes, and play Napoleonics.  They shunned the other gamers who they viewed as children. They shunned other games they viewed as immature, preferring the "strategy" of moving blocks of infantry around, in a game system no one knew.  Everyone gave them a wide birth, and treated them like they were from Mars, or from deep in the basement.  

You have now become those dudes.

Hey, I'm in my 40's, I earned the right to be a Weird Old Dude.

"Get off my Gaming table with those crazy new fandangle miniatures. I'll show you Respect you little spoiled brats and your fancy new eBooks and eDice."

• Like 6

My mood about AoS has shifted several times... as I'm sure many can relate. 

But right now, I enjoyed the game i played with John yesterday and am hopeful for the future. Yes, AoS is a beer and pretzel game not a tournament game..... but haven't you ever felt (especially just after a tournament) that you really are just playing so that you can hang out with friends, paint some models and have a laugh? What surprised me about my game is that skaven slaves can still tar-pit me, even with the lower model count the win condition made the game very close, clan rats can pack a punch, giants are finally good again.... and there are some sneaky tactics around positioning units so that you can counter attack with pile-in rule.

All that said... I have a sneaking suspicion that there is another rule book coming in one months time..... 

• Like 5

Hey, I'm in my 40's, I earned the right to be a Weird Old Dude.

"Get off my Gaming table with those crazy new fandangle miniatures. I'll show you Respect you little spoiled brats and your fancy new eBooks and eDice."

True that!

But once you get into your 50`s the panic starts to set in and you start grabbing at everything new and shiny in a futile attempt at stopping the horrific aging process that by now,you have no choice but to accept!