Fixing AoS

Out of curiousity, how many games of AoS have you played so far, BroG?

Seriously, this argument is ridiculous. White-knighting something you've never played is nothing different than lambasting a game you've never played. I'd really prefer that all of you either leave each other alone and not attack the basis of one another's opinion.

We're gamers, we know rules. Bro G can have a negative opinion having never played it, just the same as pretre can have a positive opinion having never played it (or having never played Fantasy, for that matter).

In fact, my only posts in this thread have been to direct people to brog's KOW threads, comment on the fact that there are two opposed camps with meme photos and ask brog how many games he played in reference to other comments (which the follow up made clear). Not sure how any of that is white knighting. ;)

edit: I would, in fact, like to see some examples of any thread in the Fantasy section where I have 'White Knighted' GW. I think I've been pretty balanced.

• Like 1

I don't see what all the twitching about summoning units is all about,,,those summoned models are immediately counted as casualties once they hit the board.

Heres the text:

"Models added to your army during the

game (for example, through summoning,

reinforcements, reincarnation and so on) do

not count towards the number of models in

the army, but must be counted among the

casualties an army suffers."

So yeah..We both start with 50 models,my opponent summons a unit of 25 skellies turn one,,,he has now suffered 50% casualties.Those Skellies better get to killin!.

I realize that rule can have a different interpretation but this seems to me to be the intention,basically you need to kill as many models as you summon to at least have a draw.

Further,he could summon over 50 models,thus having taken over 100% casualties and be forced to table his opponent.

"...but must be counted among the casualties the army suffers..."

Meaning if they are a casualty -during- the game (present tense), they count as casualties. It's worded oddly, for sure, and when I first read that I scratched my head, too.

At least, that's how it sounds to me after re-reading that blurb a few times. Maybe I just need a drink and then try reading it again! :)

Yeah, I think it just increases your total number of models for purposes of counting casualties, which actually dilutes your total casualties as long as they are alive.

Yar! Basically disallowing cheesey "Block your ability to do wounds to my models that matter" type shenanigans.

Actually not a shabby summoning rule.

• Like 1