Would you accept this? Power weapon counts as question...

VonVilkee

So, power whips, they don't exist. Watching movies and such you see a few different moves with whips. Cracks that look painful but rely on hitting exposed skin and wrap arounds that seem to kill regardless of armor. I have the below model and I've always imagined equipping him with two power weapons, a maul and an axe. To my mind this would represent the switchable fighting style. The new space marine book now supports this over priced idea. How cool would you be with this brain child?

post-1112-0-85809500-1436241394_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So, power whips, they don't exist. Watching movies and such you see a few different moves with whips. Cracks that look painful but rely on hitting exposed skin and wrap arounds that seem to kill regardless of armor. I have the below model and I've always imagined equipping him with two power weapons, a maul and an axe. To my mind this would represent the switchable fighting style. The new space marine book now supports this over priced idea. How cool would you be with this brain child?

attachicon.gifDSC_0256.JPG

Which Hunters had power whips on that matron that leads the Sisters Repentia squad. Counted as paired power weapons with +1 initiative.

Re-reading.

Is the idea a fluff/WYSIWYG question regarding power whips?

Or a question of viability in fielding a maul+axe combo?

I think most of the comments above regard the former. If the latter, I don't think it's viable. You could do it, but that's 30pts for something that is basically a 15pt weapon with a free pistol. I don't think it's worth the versatility to double the cost of the weapon. Pretty sure SM have some relic weapons that would be much better investments than equipping dual power weapons.

The tech marine starts with a power axe and Pistol at the base cost... Add a single power weapon and conversion beamer. 100 pts for a 3 power weapon attacks (maul or axe) and conversion beamer. Still cheaper than a single power weapon master of the forge. Same cost as the full harness combi weapon I used to field.

The tech marine starts with a power axe and Pistol at the base cost... Add a single power weapon and conversion beamer. 100 pts for a 3 power weapon attacks (maul or axe) and conversion beamer. Still cheaper than a single power weapon master of the forge. Same cost as the full harness combi weapon I used to field.

So a non-relentless model with a heavy weapon, 2 power weapons and no invulnerable? Sounds iffy to me, but it could work.

Mostly the model looks cool...and I plan on running him in with devestator centurions with an omni scope in a Pod...

Yeah, I think it's a good build for devastator centurions. Those guys need melee support enough to justify 2 power weapons.

That said, you really should find a way to get an invulnerable save in there. It's an expensive unit to not have any solutions to AP2 melee/ranged weapons.

I'll have other support close by. I tend to run msu and just let them kill stuff in melee. I like baiting people and sacrificing allot to win, even with the pod these guys should be out of the way a bit and protected by layers of other dudes.

Thanks for questioning the build,and making me think about it!