Pretre's 1850 for GC 8.25 - The Great Hunt Rides!

pretre

He's only taking the scouts as a tax to get two SP on Bikes for the FNP on his death stars.

I see that. But BA have lots of detachment options.

for example, he could field the two sanguinary priests as before, one of the scout squads and a FA slot of choice (3 scout bikers, an attack biker, or a land speeder if going really cheap). That's a Flesh Tearer's Strike Force. It should be a bit cheaper, as FA slots are able to be cheaper than troops slots in that codex.

You'd lost objective secured, but I don't really think those small scout units are very useful with objective secured anyway.

You'd gain a wonky "rage" if your models roll charge of natural 10+, which is probably less than useful. You do gain 3 additional relic options (unlike most supplements, the flesh tearers relics stack with the normal relic access), which are mildly useful. Given the TWC route, I think the "Shield of Cretacia" would be a useful option in case of DE/poison heavy opponents, as it grants immunity to poison for the model. That's a 5pt upgrade and is compatible with a biker character.

Okay, so the event:

- I was totally wrong about FNP. For some reason, and I thought I confirmed with someone else, that FNP worked against D in ITC. This is not true. First game, D-Scythes wrecked me because of this. This was against Jack's Scatter bikes, WK and two DS Wraithguard with Scythes. Ouchy. 6 to 5, his win.. 

Yeah...it's part of the FNP rules, specifically doesn't work against instant death and destroyer weapons.

I think what you are thinking of is that in the ITC, the destroyer weapons don't count as S10 for ID purposes, which is true. Normal D weapons ID against T5 enemies in addition to their normal results on the destroyer attack table.

Yeah...it's part of the FNP rules, specifically doesn't work against instant death and destroyer weapons.

I think what you are thinking of is that in the ITC, the destroyer weapons don't count as S10 for ID purposes, which is true. Normal D weapons ID against T5 enemies in addition to their normal results on the destroyer attack table.

Yep. That was my problem as I listed it. :)

I'll just say that with BP/CCW that BA scouts still rule.  Furious charge more than makes up for lower BS/WS.  

You know, if the scouts can stick within 6" of the Sanguinary priests, it would fix the WS issue.

That turns them into a tax and a lodestone.

Yeah, agree on both points. Though if they happen to be near each other, keep it in mind.

I still think the best route would be a Baal Strike force, though you'd need an extra elite slot, but I think Initiative 5 melee scouts with FC would make them cease to be a tax unit.