Slaanesh is gone?

No Slaanesh?!?

Just like that, any positivity I had for AoS and any desire to try it vanish.

Poof

I think for now the 'symbol' changed, and a bit of supposed leaked fluff mentions Tyrion building an unlikely alliance to catch Slaanesh while he/she/it was stuffed full of souls from the soul-buffet.

I don't think we have 100% confirmation what all that means. Changes to Slaanesh? Destruction? Disappearance? Being 'written out' of the fluff? Hopefully we'll learn soon. :)

In WHFB/AoS, my rats don't care either way what happens to Slaanesh. :) My feeling through the years has been that Slaanesh was always the least popular of the four, and hence never really had models that were all that 'effective' in the game. I honestly don't remember many people who played Slaanesh armies, to be honest.

Pretty sure you're reversing what beget the other here....

Pretty sure you're reversing what beget the other here....

Ah yeah, the catch-22.

"Slaanesh models don't sell as well as the other three. I wonder why?"

"Maybe it's because they aren't as efficient in-game?"

"Ok... but if we make them better, then people will flock to them and then the -others- will suffer... and we can't have that!"

So... make them more efficient - increase sales... possibly take players away from the others? In an ideal world, they'd simply become 'equal to', so that chaos players would wanna own them all!

• Like 1

Ah yeah, the catch-22.

"Slaanesh models don't sell as well as the other three. I wonder why?"

"Maybe it's because they aren't as efficient in-game?"

"Ok... but if we make them better, then people will flock to them and then the -others- will suffer... and we can't have that!"

So... make them more efficient - increase sales... possibly take players away from the others? In an ideal world, they'd simply become 'equal to', so that chaos players would wanna own them all!

It's not an in-game efficiency thing for 40k. The Slaanesh daemons are awesome.

That said, their weak points are their model line and rules. GW's been making the models look worse, plus 40k Slaanesh daemons are a horde army, plus 40k slaanesh in general has the fewest special character options.

And on top of that, slaanesh plastics are ridiculously fragile models with lots of plastic barbs to embed and break off in your model transport containers.

Any respectable slaanesh player is going to look at other model lines (or OOP Slaanesh) to make their slaanesh army. Especially the core troops, their models just suck.

It's not an in-game efficiency thing for 40k. The Slaanesh daemons are awesome.

That said, their weak points are their model line and rules. GW's been making the models look worse, plus 40k Slaanesh daemons are a horde army, plus 40k slaanesh in general has the fewest special character options.

And on top of that, slaanesh plastics are ridiculously fragile models with lots of plastic barbs to embed and break off in your model transport containers.

Any respectable slaanesh player is going to look at other model lines (or OOP Slaanesh) to make their slaanesh army. Especially the core troops, their models just suck.

Wha?

Eh?

....what???

• Like 2

I have most of the new plastics and really like them....

I think this whole thing will come full circle with an excellent story line. Slaanesh will need to regain its power and will through the death of many mortals. Could be a good catalyst for a war within the pantheon chaos. Does one of the other three gods side with Slaanesh as a divide and conquer strategy? The possible story line seems compelling, Id refrain from assuming the'yre gone for good. 

Yea I actually like the models and wished they would have updated the others such as fiends. I was pondering doing Slaanesh daemons in my legions army but glad I was hesitant lol. Hopefully it's not true cause I really like slaanesh the best from a fluff aspect. Plus I finally finished painting my slaanesh beastmen so that's an even harder pill for me to swallow on top of the aos changes. I'm still excited to try out aos though...

• Like 1