Kings of War v2 Rules are up!

just got the email saying v2 rules are posted giving them a read now. Wondering how others feel about them too.

for those interested rules are here: http://www.manticgames.com/free-rules.html?utm_source=Mantic+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=32097ba58a-Mantic+Games+Newsletter+341&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_20fe4cf5a8-32097ba58a-201505709

They have said they are working 9 more factions.

1. Ratkin – A race originally created by the Abyssal Dwarfs (Evil)
  2. The League of Rhordia – an alliance of human city states and the halfling shires (Neutral)
  3. The Herd – satyrs, centaurs, minotaurs, owlbears and other beastmen. (Neutral)
  4. The Shattered Clans (Humans) (Evil)
  5. Empire of Dust (Mostly Skeletons) (Evil)
  6. Reptilians (two different lizard-based races) (Good)
  7. Name TBC – fluff still to be done (Humans: expect knights, peasants and elements of nature.) (Good)
  8. SUPER SECRET
  9. SUPER SECRET

As well as the twilight kin are going to be split into two different races at a future date.

• Like 1

I would but I'm doing an RPG intro with Brad. After the OFCC, for sure, though!

Keep in mind that they only posted partial army lists as an into. The full ones will be out in the book. Here are the lists from the last round of the Beta testing, which are supposed to be pretty close to the final versions (if not exact): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhZLDFOHUXC2MCA6NwYQWr0HF2mSyvEWIlNH4oCtBeQ/htmlview#gid=1243412207

Excited to try the elves!

Also, D - congrats on the interview!

I read the rules and some of the army lists, I really like them overall. I'm glad the group is finally willing to give this game a try, as I wanted to try it a while ago but everyone kind of dismissed it because WHFB was "better"

not sure what race interests me the most but there are a couple that are on the short list.

The additional lists are ones they are coming out with to allow folks with armies from "alternative manufacturers" play the races to which they are accustomed. Currently in playtest, but slated for later. Chaos, skaven, etc. I think they're even doing an all-halfling army. Brad, this is a game that would let you use Samurai figs. Just saying.

Corey - by design, I think they are squigs.

Gets a little awkward tho the maw things are cav hight 1 so they are 25 mm wide all my squigs and handlers are on 20 square. I can totally spread them out but I will wait till they are decently official before working to convert.

The character that makes them regular is totally a two part like Skarsnik and Gobbla, and even has lightning bolt attack! Nice simple conversion. No spider riders but flea bags are close enough.

Lots of nimble would allow me to charge in interesting more mob like ways which I really like, if I understand correctly. Yellow belied is totally appropriate and the nerve rolls seem interesting with gobo like lower values...

I got decently excited about this whole trying to read it on my phone that means physical book should seal the deal. I will just have a need for fighty gobos like the maw things

Regarding model size, the important thing in KoW isn't base size, it's the size of the movement tray. So, having a properly sized movement tray with stuff spread out on it is no big deal. With that said, if they are meant to be cav sized, I wonder if they're supposed to be wolves?

Yeah Jim I was thinking squigs and handlers mixed together, they need more space than regular infantry and their nature as a pair to be battle ready seemed fine in my head.

I'll have a bunch and the big squigs I have will need to be up sized I think mine are on 40x40 and from memory characters on them were 50x50 for this. I can totally resize convert for use etc. I just want the official decision before I put in the work...

I have a daring suggestion. What if we keep with our regularly scheduled program and put on the Ham Slamwich this year as a Kings of War tournament. This would of course be pending our trying out the game and making sure it is awesome, but I have a pretty good feeling here and it would be cool to get in on the ground floor of Kings of War tournaments.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.