Kings of War v2 Rules are up!

Here's the text out of the 1st edition rulebook:

Units with this rule are normally made of a single model representing a roughly mansized individual. These obviously behave in a very different manner from regimented units or very large creatures. The following rules represent this: • The individual does not have any flank or rear facings. Consequently, it is able to see, and therefore shoot and charge, all around.

• The individual can make any number of pivots around its centre as it moves, including At The Double!

• Enemies never double/treble their Attacks when fighting the individual, regardless of their position. Similarly, the individual does not double/treble its own attacks when attacking an enemy in the flank/rear.

It does still treble its attacks against war engines, however.

• When shooting against the individual, enemies suffer an additional -1 penalty on their rolls to hit.

• When charging the individual, move into contact with it normally, but after making contact, turn the individual to face the front of one of the units you charged it with rather than the other way around.

In addition, if the individual is routed and the charger decides to advance D6″ directly forward, it can make contact with another enemy unit. This is treated as a successful charge and the charger is lined up against the new enemy as normal and can immediately attack again! This rule represents the fact that an individual is often not enough to completely stop a charging unit in its tracks. Note that this rule applies to charging individuals as well.

• Like 1

I would but I'm doing an RPG intro with Brad. After the OFCC, for sure, though!

Keep in mind that they only posted partial army lists as an into. The full ones will be out in the book. Here are the lists from the last round of the Beta testing, which are supposed to be pretty close to the final versions (if not exact): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhZLDFOHUXC2MCA6NwYQWr0HF2mSyvEWIlNH4oCtBeQ/htmlview#gid=1243412207

Miles, Twillight Kin are on the list I linked above, along with the full lists for everything. Looks like they're in the process of redoing the background and play style of the TK, so that one may change a bit.

I would love to give these rules a try, but I have a Skaven army and I don't see that they have the rules for the Rat-Men yet.

Skaven are part of the "extra armies" they are working on for WHFB orphans right now. Latest beta rules (which I'd be happy to play against) are here, for Skaven, beast men, and some extra Empire buts (with halfLings):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/htmlview

• Like 1

Got my first game in last night and was really impressed with how smoothly everything flowed! I played Derek at 1000 points of my Undead versus his Ogres. We played the standard Kill! scenario on a 4x4 board, which isthe board size they recommend for lower point value games. Here are my general takeaways from the game:

• The movement system with pivots in place of wheels works really smoothly.
  • The simplified magic phase is easy as hell and still makes your Wizards feel useful despite the limited spell selection.
  • Terrain matters! I held back what would have been a juicy flank charge into one of his units with one of my cavalry because going through terrain would have severely limited my damage output and made the charge a bad move.
  • The most important takeaway for me: The game feels like a large scale fantasy battle game that lets me push around big units of troops and make tactical decisions that affect the gameplay.

I feel like with the right amount of community support this game could really take off as the replacement for Warhammer Fantasy and I am on the bandwagon to make that support happen.

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.