GW "Competitive" Rules

The wound system seems to have a ton of holes in it, as one wound of goblin does not equal one wound of chaos warrior.  Still, it's a start.

This guy on Warseer has been working on an algorithm for costing out units.  It too is far from perfect, but I think this sort of thing is a good start to making for fun and balanced games. 

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?411052-AoS-Army-Composition-Algorithm

• Like 1

Ive played in some events that went the opposite way sylvos, and i really liked it. For example (with completely hypothetical numbers)

Fight a 100 wound battle, then heal 30 wounds for the next fight, take whats left and heal 15 wounds for the last one.

If the heal wont take you above a set amount of wounds then you get to heal up to the minimum. In this example say 60 wounds.

Makes that attrition count, and all of a sudden people dont want to run risky chances if they cant get there unit back to full for next game.

• Like 1

I think with the non comparative hit and wounding then theres going to be smaller gaps between chaos warriors and crap troops. Agreed that 1 for 1 us off, but i think that some 0-1 choices, maybe a unit maximum or 2 would go a long way to evening it out.

Chaos warriors have always broken the game a bit in comparison to other models, even when points were the mechanic.

It seems like it would be more fun to do an Narrative Campaign event with some building restrictions that alter based on the previous games. Maybe the Winner of one game gets an extra unit War scroll while the loser gets an additional character (or whatever).

It seems like trying to flat out balance will be rough but creating a rough system could aim people in the right direction.

So plugging in some Warscrolls to those building rules and shooting for a 100 wound maximum I came up with this;

Great Moonclan

-NG Warboss on Great Cave Squig 6 wnds

-NG Shaman 4 wnds

-20xNG Spears and Shields 20wnds

-20xNG Spears and Shields 20wnds

-15xNG Bows 15wnds

-2xNG Fanatics 2 wnds

-2xNG Fanatics 2 wnds

-Mangler Squig 10wnds

Great Moonclan total 79 wounds

Addional support

-Skarsnik 6wnds

-Rock Lobba w/Bully 10wnds

-Wolf Chariot 4wnds

Support total 20 wounds

Army total 99 wounds at 69 models

The Great Moonclan gives all moonclan units +1 to bravery(effectively 5 now instead of 4) and an extra attack with a to hit roll of 6.

Its probably very soft compared to what others could bring but I would be willing to try it against anything that uses the same build criteria and playing in the 3 scenarios posted.

Now to see what I can put together for my UL.

• Like 1

We need your help!

Like so many others, we want to enjoy a balanced game of Age of Sigmar. Since we feel having points set to units help achieve this, we have produced points cost lists for every army available.

But it's not too late to help out with this huge project. In fact there has never been a better time than now! Just download a few lists from our blog, and start gaming. Should anything feel off points-wise, let us know and we will strive to correct it. You will of course be credited where due!

Cheers!
  • Like 1

Summoning isn't horrid unless you give wizards access to all summoning spells. If you require the unit to be on the field already, then that really limits them. Also, a single wizard can only attempt a spell once. So Nagash can't spam out 320 zombies in a single turn. He can only crank out 40 :)

It could also help if you allowed unbinding to take place if the defending wizard was within 18" of the summoned unit.