AoS Moving Forward: More Rumors / Leaks

The problem AgentP, is that the community that is "enjoying" it, isn't offering solutions to the problems that people have been expressing. No one is shouting that you can't have fun with AoS.

What many are complaining about is the lack of composition rules. For the last 20 years, WFB players built armies based on a point system that gave us the illusion that our forces were relatively equal. There is a need in the community to have that feeling again even with AoS.

So far nothing that has come from GW concerning AoS is solving that issue. And no matter how much fun people have playing it, that doesn't magically create a comp system. All of this cheering for AoS isn't solving the problem either.

You're missing the point. He isn't saying not to complain. He's saying take it to another thread.

• Like 3

via anonymous sources on Faeit 212
a quote for the Duardin Fyreslayers
"For enough Ur-gold, the Fyreslayers will fight anyone.

The first strikes of the Stormcast Eternal were against the Chaos foces in Aqushy. Yet other forces rose up to battle also. the flame beareded Fyreslayers emerged from the mountains, marching down the ironways. While Sigmar had alwasy counted the Forge-Father Grungni and his offstpring amonst his closest allies, these Duarddin worshipped the god Grimnir, and were far more mercenary. They fought against Chaos, but only for payment in Ur-gold. More disturbing still, if a counter-offer was generous enough, the Fyreslayters would just as willingly fight alongside Chaos armies."

CJ4aLbKW8AAxq94.jpg

You're missing the point. He isn't saying not to complain. He's saying take it to another thread.

Before he edited the post, AgentP was talking about top Warhammer players changing their opinions on the game after playing it some more and then said the complainers were sounding like old men yelling at kids to get off their lawn. That is what I was replying to.

Because without points the way some have been scaling the game has been with wound count and the new models are way better when you compare models by wounds.

But the game doesn't scale that way, players are choosing to apply that scale in absence of another one. So, the models are only "better" by a scale that is not designed to be balanced by GW, which undermines the idea that they're putting out "better" models to sell them. Either they don't have a balance system (which I believe to be the case) or they're making new models unfairly balanced. They can't be doing both at once. If players are balancing based on wounds, and that's what defines what's good, that's the players fault.

They've at this point (mostly from individual store leaks) provided suggestions of wound counts, but there is no system in the rules which establishes that.

I personally think lack of a point system was a huge mistake. But, you can't accuse them of every sin at once when they're contradictory. No points = everything is equally good or bad, save player injected norms. Note that this is both why it's easy for GW to do and why it's a disservice to players who can no longer cite a shared source of what their army power level is without resorting to unintended proxies.

As you're exploring this game, in general, right now, it's not useful to look at battle scrolls as good or bad, it's useful mainly to consider them interesting or uninteresting.

(Note that I'm trying to address a previous statement and clarify rather than making a direct complaint)

My direct complaint is that I swore those horns would be Malekith/Morathi but it's a stupid rat man!!! booooo! >.< 

Thanks for the continued leaks.

• Like 3

Seriously, guys. If a bunch of people were talking about how lame and unfun KoW is in a KoW thread, you'd be just as annoyed. Please take the anti-AoS talk somewhere else.

Can we listen to Blustorm, please? There's like five other AOS threads to discuss balance, etc so on.

• Like 3

Attention lover and haters!

I know the 8th / AoS situation has polarized opinions, and we are nowhere close to the end of this GW inspired drama. It is critical that we refrain from off topic posts to keep threads on track.

Discussion is critical as we all process these changes, and I am asking the mod team to provide a wide birth on these threads. That being said, trolling and personal attacks will not be tolerated.

If you have any issues or questions, feel free to reach out to me directly.

• Like 1

Next Saturday's White Dwarf (in german) - by Gamestrust.de

Some of the pics after the spoilertag

pic-28953.jpg

pic-42419-popup.jpg

pic-28954.jpg

Gryph Hounds have 'Hit&Run'
pic-28958.jpg

Lord Castellant - Anti-daemon lantern and additional magic protection in 12"
pic-28957.jpg

Warning Cry: It is said that is impossible to sneak up on a Gryph-hound. If an enemy unit is set up within 10" of this unit, roll two dice. Any unit within that many inches of the Gryph-hounds is alerted to the enemy unit's presence, and can attack it with one of its weapons as though it was your shooting phase. 

Warning Cry: It is said that is impossible to sneak up on a Gryph-hound. If an enemy unit is set up within 10" of this unit, roll two dice. Any unit within that many inches of the Gryph-hounds is alerted to the enemy unit's presence, and can attack it with one of its weapons as though it was your shooting phase. 

omg