BAO Thread

pretre

Yeah, I took a minor loss on Round 1 to a necron player he had 6 objective secure warriors on his home objective from turn 3 on and they managed to survive 1 turn of shooting and 6 rounds of close combat. Then on the last turn of the game his veil cryptek manage to deep strike on my home objective swinging the game 9-1 my way to 7-5 his way.

I manage to crawl and fight my way through the event to finish 7th at the end.

• Like 6

I was checking out some of the coverage of the Bay Area Open, and noticed something odd...
I'd noticed it at the Guardian Cup when I played up in Portland near the end of may too.

How is it (and why) that an army is classified, lets say Dark Eldar....when 1300pts worth of the army are actually Eldar? I noticed quite a few armies listed as this or that, but actually was a majority of an allied combined arms detachment from a completely different faction.

Just curious, because I haven't figured out any kind of classification rule for this sort of thing.

I was checking out some of the coverage of the Bay Area Open, and noticed something odd...

I'd noticed it at the Guardian Cup when I played up in Portland near the end of may too.

How is it (and why) that an army is classified, lets say Dark Eldar....when 1300pts worth of the army are actually Eldar? I noticed quite a few armies listed as this or that, but actually was a majority of an allied combined arms detachment from a completely different faction.

Just curious, because I haven't figured out any kind of classification rule for this sort of thing.

It's based on the Primary Detachment, which is determined by who the Warlord is.

It's one of those misleading statistics that they like to collect for events.

It's also related to past 40k, where the faction/codex name reflected the entire army. It's one of those things, like playing 40k on a 4'x6' table, which is tradition more than anything.

It's not quite the same as table size. Table size can actually have a pretty major effect on the relative value of things like Blasts and Assault Units, but how you determine Faction doesn't really matter.

Completely agree that table size has a large impact on the game, but it's certainly a tradition as the current 40k rules and missions do not require that size table.

In part because appropriate table size varies with the Points Level of the Game, but 6x4 is good for the most common Tournament levels (1500-2K).

I'd also note that there are a few implications from GW that 6x4 is the "default", including the diagrams of the various Deployment Types (it's not labeled, but from the distances that are marked, they're pretty clearly 6x4s), and the fact that the basic Realm of Battle set comes with tiles for a 6x4.

• Like 1

Yea so this has nothing to do with table size.

But when you win best "Dark Eldar" faction at a tourney, and only 350pts of your army are Dark Eldar....

Well that's absurd.

Ahh, but as a clever Archon... using slave races and our weak cousins to do all the dying while you take all the credit? That's just good sense.

• Like 3

Yea so this has nothing to do with table size.

But when you win best "Dark Eldar" faction at a tourney, and only 350pts of your army are Dark Eldar....

Well that's absurd.

Right now is is the only mechanic they have to figure that out. They are planning on voting on it for next year.

Right now is is the only mechanic they have to figure that out. They are planning on voting on it for next year.

So, they are planning how to decide on a plan? Really sounds like they aren't doing anything about it....

So, they are planning how to decide on a plan? Really sounds like they aren't doing anything about it....

Jeez pax, I get that you don't like the ITC. But so many of your comments are so negative and come off as rude.

They are waiting to finish this year's ITC, which ends at LVO 2016, and are going to put it up for a vote for next season.

• Like 2

Jeez pax, I get that you don't like the ITC. But so many of your comments are so negative and come off as rude.

Huh...didn't intend that at all. It sounded very much like one of those PR things that is a fancy way of saying nothing. I find those amusing. Wasn't attacking the ITC at all there, just found the comment you posted amusing.

The plan is to vote on a plan....

In an Archer episode, Archer's plan is to, "Crowd source a plan." Very similar, I thought. Also funny.