Eldar Warp Hunter (FW) Distort...

Torg

OK - I am done painting and starting to get some play testing with this tank.  And all the rule references to the weapon (D-Flail) are that it is a "Distort" special rule.  This is the Eldar Corsairs army out of the IA:11 book. And some things track back to older rules.  I'm wondering - do I pull up the old "distort" rules or do I play it as a D weapon from the new rules?  In which case I think I would be following the ITC ruling?  

- I don't care about this either way - just looking for what folks are thinking.  I will get a answer from the HOG when I get to OFCC...

-d

The latest update which I have for FW vehicles did not address the weapon - only the Hull Points… and Type info.  Which is exactly how its now listed within Army Builder… so I'm kinda stumped.  

It is a unique weapon only to the Warp Hunter tank… so for me it could go either way.  It's also the only "D" type weapon in my army.

-d

I went and checked the IA_Apoc 2013 book rules - and this is how Army Builder stats out the Warp Hunter… as "Distort"…. without it called "D-Cannon"… and no rules are called out for it (assuming they are referring you to the main rules for Distort).  So the plot thickens… if thinking that the newer IA-Apoc book rules for the Warp Hunter are the most "recent".

-d

IA:11 is a brilliant book and is in desperate need of an update. As written, Corsairs also don't have battle focus, etc. On the plus side, hornets are cheap! I think sticking with the old rules is best to do in mixed settings, or perhaps give your opponent the option of which you'll use. 

With the whole ITC - "D" hubbub … I want to just find the happy place on this lol.  By guess - is to follow the Army Builder (IA-Apoc stats) with the ITC ruling on "D" for the "distort".  But thats just me.  I'll see if I can't get da'Hog to chime in on this.

-d

The latest update which I have for FW vehicles did not address the weapon - only the Hull Points… and Type info.  Which is exactly how its now listed within Army Builder… so I'm kinda stumped.  

It is a unique weapon only to the Warp Hunter tank… so for me it could go either way.  It's also the only "D" type weapon in my army.

-d

That latest update is for 6th edition. FW hasn't addressed 7th with any of their updates.

Precisely the issue Pax… thanks for the heads up.  (have you read the thread to this point?)

- what rules will be assumed to be used at OFCC?  I sent a PM to the HOG - my assumption is as the most recent rules for the tank are (IA-apoc 2013)… along with the specific ITC ruling for "D".  just my guess.  I want to be consistent on how I play it - and keep it very clear for my opponents expectations when playing against me this weekend.

-d

Precisely the issue Pax… thanks for the heads up.  (have you read the thread to this point?)

- what rules will be assumed to be used at OFCC?  I sent a PM to the HOG - my assumption is as the most recent rules for the tank are (IA-apoc 2013)… along with the specific ITC ruling for "D".  just my guess.  I want to be consistent on how I play it - and keep it very clear for my opponents expectations when playing against me this weekend.

-d

I did read, my point wasn't directly stated, so I mentioned it.

As for the OFCC, isn't it using the ITC rules?

Frontline has a nice list of where all the current rules are for FW models: http://www.frontlinegaming.org/imperial-armor-unit-index/

As stated in the Frontline gaming site (see the link), the Warp Hunter uses the rules from IA apocalypse 2013. Beyond that, there are no additional ITC notes regarding the Warp Hunter. So it uses the rules as written in IA apocalypse 2013 unless the TO says otherwise.

and the warp hunter in the IA Apoc book states "distort" which isn't in the main rules anymore - thus the question.  - I just don't want any questions or weirdness at OFCC

-d

Okay, looked it up. It's very clear, look in "codex: eldar" for clarity on the distort rule. It doesn't say "codex eldar craftworlds," so, RAW, you'd break out the last edition of the codex to find the distort rule. Yeah, a bit sarcastic here, but that is the RAW answer.

I'd ask the TO, as you did. It is notable that if it is a D weapon, it will be the only ap3 D weapon in the game.

Though to the TO, I strongly suggest using the OOP eldar rules for distort on this guy, as he'd have one of the more broken D weapons in the game if allowed as a D weapon.

And the Distort rule listed in IA:11 is as it was in the old codex… it is completely spelled out (as a rule) within the army list item for the Warp Hunter.  So - as the army list shows it - (which is different than what the line item in IA-Apoc).

-Typically, I go to the codex - unless there is a specific update.  In this case the update just calls on a old edition main special rule which does not exist by name anymore…. which I would think about going back to the "army list / codex"… which doesn't match up to the NEW main rules lol.

I can see it going either way - or any way for that matter.  So yes - I PM'd the TO on it.

-d

Hey I brought this same point up on thedarkcity.net and the admin I was speaking to shot me a copy of an email his friend sent to forgeworld and they said specifically that the warp hunter has the destroyer weapon type. I'm gonna assume that you always refer to the base codex in regards to weapons that are in both books and use those stats so it'd be a destroyer weapon. 145 points wave serpents armour with a 2 different shot d weapon one barrage one template yay balance..

(Sarcasm) is in that last sentence just an fyi