Warlands (Car Game) Rules

I was looking around the net for stuff to go with this game, and I found some cool s#!t:

Stan Johnson Miniatures makes a whole line of Road Warrior inspired models in 20mm scale.  Their line includes drivers, passengers firing out windows, and a nice cheap set of bikes kitted out with guns.

Elhiem Figures makes post-apocalyptic survivors.  No drivers or gunners, but plenty of post-apocalyptic guys and gals.

Sgts' Mess has goodies for mechanicals with buckets of realistic guns and other gear for modifying your Hot Wheels.

Rebel Minis has a Post Apocalyptic Gang in 15mm scale, so a little small, but at $11 for 21 models, this could be a cheap way to make large mobs of pedestrians.

I also ordered a few 1:64 scale vehicles to build my own fleet, and while I was Amazon I picked up two big rigs -- one with a water/fuel tank, another transporting a massive power generator.  I will happily give these to Sherbert to paint up for use in scenarios.

I also picked up a few "special" minis and a rather famous car for a very unique scenario I thought up...  (one clue:  this car has to go 88 miles per hour....)

Don't use Ordo for file sharing. They can get in trouble for it.

If you're wanting to share stuff with Warhamsters, most of us have emails on the registry thread. If it's another user, you can PM them and ask them for their email address.

Sorry, but we don't want to [big bad swear word] the bed in which we sleep.

Rule 4: Be Legal

Do not post anything unlawful, libelous, defamatory, or that infringes upon any

intellectual property rights. Do not conduct any activity that may be illegal, or harmful in

any way, to people, to software or hardware, such as hacking, flooding scripts viruses or

Trojan horses.

But actually whats the status of books they no longer produce but might still have a copyright on because it hasnt been the 20 (25?) years for the copyright to expire?

They're copyrighted and can't be digitally reproduced and distributed legally, even if out of print.  Sadly the law does not have a "But I can't buy it legally!" exception.

They're copyrighted and can't be digitally reproduced and distributed legally, even if out of print.  Sadly the law does not have a "But I can't buy it legally!" exception.

Copyright laws are terrible in the US. They have long since lost sight of the original intent.

Here is the law on duration btw:

A work that was created (fixed in tangible form for the first time) on or after January 1, 1978, is automatically protected from the moment of its creation and is ordinarily given a term enduring for the author’s life plus an additional 70 years after the author’s death. In the case of “a joint work prepared by two or more authors who did not work for hire,” the term lasts for 70 years after the last surviving author’s death. For works made for hire, and for anonymous and pseudonymous works (unless the author’s identity is revealed in Copyright Office records), the duration of copyright will be 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever is shorter.

So. You won't be able to post on it here in your lifetime.

Is this game more or less a tabletop Mad Max? Looks nifty.

EDIT - Not quick enough on the draw! Scooped by a bug ^^^^^^^^

When a work enters the public domain is complicated, and depends on lots of factors. A fair general rule for modern works is 70 years after the death of the author (or 95 years after publication in the case of a corporate author).

Source: I'm an amateur bookbinder who is endlessly frustrated about the fact that the legal status of HPL's works is ambiguous.

EDIT - Not quick enough on the draw! Scooped by a bug ^^^^^^^^

When a work enters the public domain is complicated, and depends on lots of factors. A fair general rule for modern works is 70 years after the death of the author (or 95 years after publication in the case of a corporate author).

Source: I'm an amateur bookbinder who is endlessly frustrated about the fact that the legal status of HPL's works is ambiguous.

There are some things I can really rant on about, and about how the current implementation of those things is wholly abhorrent. Copyright law is one of those things. When you have a book like Eragon (written by a guy who was 16 years old) you're talking a Copyright that will last for potentially 130 years if he lives to the reasonable old age of 76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk862BbjWx4 is a video by one of my personal heroes, CGPGrey explaining the basics.

• Like 1

The original term was life of the author +50 years. We can all thank Disney for it being extended to 75 years.

There is a reason to keep copyright on material that goes out of print, as the demand for an edition may arise again, and just because the other hasn't published one, they shouldn't lose their rights.

But 75 years is too long. That's like, 3 generations after the death of the author. Abusrd.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.