Warhammer World...I've been there and got the T-shirt!

imperialjawa

This past weekend I went to Warhammer World in Nottingham.  They were having a Throne of Skulls tournament (basically 1875 everything goes - forgeworld, unbound, CTA, as many formations and detachments you want all the rules they make you can use.  However the tournament champion is the player with the most favorite opponent votes and most victory points, so don't be a dick)...any way I went because they just remodeled and thought Its a good excuse to use some PTO and play some games and see the warhammer holy land.  

I was not disappointed with the facilities...the exhibits were awesome in person - https://plus.google.com/photos/114383989890361366865/albums/6174331690378492577 this is an album of pictures from my phone(so not super great)

This is my favorite part 

IMG_20150719_085153.jpg

seeing a 'life-size' rhino in person is hilarious because it still makes you wonder how 10 8 foot tall super soldiers fit inside a thing that's only a little over 6 foot high...That being said its still super awesome and if i ever win the lottery I'm having one made!

Bugmans bar is cool, they have a nice food menu and a good selection of beers plus Bugman's XXXX which is surprisingly refreshing...they were out of it on tap so i had to have it in a bottle

IMG_20150719_160621.jpg

The Tournament went well had 5 fun games and got a Best Army honorable mention

IMG_20150719_164900.jpg

Having a whole store full of forgeworld is also quit dangerous for someone who likes their models made of resin more then they probably should.

IMG_20150718_114738.jpg

I did contemplate this but getting it in my hand luggage was not an option...so i ended up with just the engineerseer (he's the little at the big guys foot) and a couple other small things, they have everything there its ridiculous  :)

Here is an album of pictures from the tournament and the open gaming tables plus some of the Bugmans bar and the general facilities.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114383989890361366865/albums/6174333570314067809

The Throne of Skulls events may not be everyone's cup of tea...but it was relaxed, well coordinated, lots of friendly staff, and beer was available...so leaning toward on the laid back side of things.  

I did take notes about the tournament but really that wasnt the reason I went...I just went to experience all things warhammer on a disneyland level and this place did just that.  I highly recommend going if you're every in England or Ireland or for that matter anywhere in Europe...flights are cheap over here :)

• Like 6

Thank you for the photos, my son and I enjoyed seeing the various terrain boards.

Question, if you're able to answer it: 

*  Some of the trees look very nice... very full and three of them make a nice terrain piece.  Are the leaves just multiple sets of the citadel wood leaves on one trunk?

Stay safe,

don

Thank you for the photos, my son and I enjoyed seeing the various terrain boards.

Question, if you're able to answer it: 

*  Some of the trees look very nice... very full and three of them make a nice terrain piece.  Are the leaves just multiple sets of the citadel wood leaves on one trunk?

Stay safe,

don

the problem with those full trees is that they are not very play friendly...they look great but are solid as a rock

IMG_20150719_110935.jpg

here you can see one of my onegar bases sitting on top of one... the trees weren't remove-able so you always had to set things on top of them.  they sure did look nice though and i assume were made out of multiple sets.  

the problem with those full trees is that they are not very play friendly...they look great but are solid as a rock

here you can see one of my onegar bases sitting on top of one... the trees weren't remove-able so you always had to set things on top of them.  they sure did look nice though and i assume were made out of multiple sets.  

Gotta admit, always felt funny that you could just move the trees. Kinda like the idea of stationary trees, especially with regard to 7th cover being generated via LOS through the trees in games that don't default forests to a twisted copse.