October 10 2015 AMBASSADORIAL TOURNAMENT

Lord Hanaur

There are two Ambassadorships left, after only it's second day of open Registration.  Chances look extremely good for a second bracket to be opened.  

Should we be successful in filling a second bracket, this event will become a two day event moving forward!  We were very very close last year to the point that i was ordering more dice just in case!  Help us make that a reality by filling the last slots in this first bracket by end of day!

Yup.  we have Adepa Sororitas players.  theres two of us here, there's Pretre and I think one other guy that plays with Fluger from time to time at his house too.  So I mean we're out there.  Just for whatever reason (like for example, I'm the T.O.) they have had barriers to repping the Sistahs.  

Here's to crosing fingers and hoping he doesnt get deployed before October 10!!!  But he's locked in at this point.  =)

They were, originally!  I would know because I played them.  

The reality is, the tournament was in its infant stages and didn't have it's own website, nor a great sponsor like Chris Ewick supporting it like we do now, nor the author of the Fox Elvensword trilogy sponsoring us.  So other than as a ringer in a desperate situation I need the other Sisters of Battle players to step up!  Clearly if we end up with 32 players this year, I certainly will not be free to play and all indicators are that we might with the support of the community.  

But you're not wrong.  Adepta Sororitas should be represented and haven't been for the last couple years.  Im very happy about the development.

So we have ork or a guard player. Interesting. Both races have many options to bring to the table.

We can't have both or does that mess up the parings?

Is the Eldar player the guy at the last tournament in OCC. If so that's going to be a great battle. Anyone we know playing Crons? So many unknowns so much fun. :tongue:

I am still chewing on the message I received. As for not eating anyone at the tournament, I can't make any promises if the Eldar race's get to close as they are very tasty. Some even come with tooth picks. :biggrin:

So we have ork or a guard player. Interesting. Both races have many options to bring to the table.

We can't have both or does that mess up the parings?

Is the Eldar player the guy at the last tournament in OCC. If so that's going to be a great battle. Anyone we know playing Crons? So many unknowns so much fun. :tongue:

I am still chewing on the message I received. As for not eating anyone at the tournament, I can't make any promises if the Eldar race's get to close as they are very tasty. Some even come with tooth picks. :biggrin:

As promised, my Tyranid friend, we will feed you and give you drink to sate your otherwise unstoppable craving to eat the other Ambassadors.  Even if we have to find someone to manually throw steaks at you to keep you at bay.

The Necron Ambassador has been selected since last you refreshed your screen.  And yes, Alex Kuehn, who has been mopping up lately, will indeed be Ambassador of the Craftworlds.  If Vegas gave two figs about us, he might even be the odds on favorite.  BUT one cannot overlook the tyrannical returning champion whose already proven his mettle in the Elvensword Arena:  you.  In fact, this year, we are graced with the presence of TWO and potentially THREE (if we go forward on the second bracket) returning Champions!  The Craftworld Ambassador has his work cut out for him if he wants to have his name scrribed in eternity...

As for the brackets, there is only room for one more Ambassador for this bracket.  We will then make reservations available as we did last year for a second one.  If we have sufficient Ambassadors to form the second, then we will do it.  And unlike in the past, the RAPID rate that the Ambassadorships went this year speaks well of the potential.

Also, wow. Alex Kuehn running Eldar. That definitely looks like it's gonna be the act to beat.

He's done well.  All of our games have been REALLY bloody affairs.  We slaughter each other pretty good in most games.  We played at OFCC and it was more of the same.  We smashed each other hard in that game too and there was almost nothing left of either of us.  But he did what needed doin' at the end of the day.  But you know, Westryder, if I recall correctly, you've done some damage at this tournament.  Especially your Space Wolves!  I am eager to see you at your most focused this year.  Lotsa sleep, lotsa water and steely determination is what's required!

He beat the tar out of my Drop Wolves at that Tournament down in Oly. I got plenty of respect for his ability as a general.

A 3/2 split will really help me, tho. I was running on autopilot that fourth game last year, and that was a list that I really needed to take a different tack against. Three Games in one day is far more manageable.

And Daemonkin are the Army that I've actually won a 7th Ed Tournament with, unlike my string of 2nd place finishes with the Wolves :)

Well we are unlikely to adopt the 3/2 format til next year, so it will be four games this year and then a combined bracket the following year.  I'm not sure everyone who registered foresaw a two day deal this year, and we didn't give them that information beforehand.  But it is fine.  It just means I will have lots of work to do on game day, trucking you water bottles (or whatever it is your drinking that's totally healthy and good for you).  =)  

Ill be throwing steaks at WinterTalon and trucking water bottles to you.

Yeah, I'll be rocking my snickers bars and watered-down gatorade. It mostly works.

The other thing is that I had played a Drop list of any sort literally once before the last Ambassador Tournament. Daemonkin, I've basically been playing since before they technically existed. I ran basically a Daemonkin list at OFCC last year, hacked together from a combination of CSM and CD Units. Had to be Unbound to make it work out there, but DK lets me do pretty much the same thing Battle-Forged.

Hey Bones,

a bit concerned about the fourth mission's Primary Objectives.  Here's why: the PO's are awarded by removing units with Battlefield Roles.  You state that if there are no choices taken for a particular battlefield role, such as Heavy or Fast Attack, then the opponent automatically gets those points.  Therein lies my concern--my army has no Heavy choices or Elite choices to take.  Do I, then, automatically award my opponent 18 PO points for those two Battlefield roles, starting that game at a huge disadvantage?