October 10 2015 AMBASSADORIAL TOURNAMENT

Lord Hanaur

There IS a painting prize.  You're wrong.  There is no painting SCORE, tis true, as the website announces so your standing will be unaffected.  But they must be based, must be painted and must be WYSIWYG.  You will display them and you will be asked to vote on your favorite army.

So while it may not affect your standing, it is not true that there is no reward!

There's a painting prize? It isn't mentioned on the 40k Ambassadors website. I checked when planning my paint schedule.

Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place so fight hard. Those attending in support of your faction will be eligible for a prize drawing as well, so encourage your friends to fill the stands of the Elvensword Arena and witness your glory.

The Elvensword is real and will be on display during the tournament. If you win this tournament, your name and faction will be forever etched into its shining blade alongside past and future tournament victors. This blade will be the tool by which the Great Ones measure their support during the Final Wars to come. Those factions appearing in its mirrored surface most often can be sure of ultimate victory!

In addition, the person who is voted the Best Sportsman by the judges will receive ample reward for it. Do not think that this will be an unimportant component just because you advance in the tournament!

All prizes require you to be present in order to receive them and prizes will be handed out only after the final round is complete. Deserters will be executed and the records of their deeds expunged from time and space.

It mentions prizes for 1st - 5th and sportsmanship but nothing about paint... Looks like I've got some paint work to do this weekend :/

It's always ben kind of a bonus prize.  We never mention it because we nevr know what attendance will be and whether it will be justified, but that has not been an issue in the last three years.  So we almost always had a drawing or some such thing for those who got votes for Best Painted.  But as indicated on the schedule, you will notice it mentions displaying your armies.  This is not only so we can get pics of them all easily but also because we want to give people the chance to vote.  

Thought for the day:  Ask yourself "Have I recruited EVERYbody  I COULD recruit for this tournament?"

If the answer is no, you have more than painting to do my friends.  =)

I answered some Mision specific questions on the Ambassadorial forum.  If you havent been following it, you may wish to.

The missions will be clarified on the website but just be aware that some clarity has ben added.  =)  

thanks for all the good questions.  The link for the forum is on the website in case some participants may have missed it.

Also the registration page had a brief glitch this morning, so you might have seen an old screen.  It has been corrected.

http://www.40kambassadors.com/register.php

News:  The author of Fox Elvensword and the Sword of Bhaal will be offering personalized copies of his book to attendees of this tournament!  They will be sold for $4 less than you can purchase the book for on Amazon, for attendees of this tournament only, and you will be sent a signed and personalized copy!  We are excited about this development as some of you had asked about whether there would be any of them available.  The answer is in and you will be able to get it at a good cost.  Again the author has contributed over $300 per year to the tournament prize support, and is a soldier who has served his country.  Thank you George Butler for continuing to support the gaming community and for your service!  =)

BE AWARE:  Those who have registered now have their Ambassadorial entourages revealed on the website.  Go visit and get a sneek peek at your competition!  http://www.40kambassadors.com/index.php

Now is the time for mental preparation and to begin finding your docking stations  We launch very soon for the Elvensword Arena.

BE AWARE:  Those who have registered now have their Ambassadorial entourages revealed on the website.  Go visit and get a sneek peek at your competition!  http://www.40kambassadors.com/index.php

Now is the time for mental preparation and to begin finding your docking stations  We launch very soon for the Elvensword Arena.

Dang, some of those lists are scary! I wasn't expecting to see 3 Wraithknights lol.

There appears to be an issue with Chancy's list. Looks like some units are missing.

Thanks guys for the catch. I have sent the updated list in. Some how the list cut off the second page. Sent a new PDF and A word Doc And a cut and Past Email. Hopefully one will make it though and work. Other wise You can see me List on The Tyranid Hive website if you can't wait. In both the Tactic and army sections..

SO what I was wondering about the list are who is in which section.  Both of the Dark eldar ones look scary. The one with double talos formation is brutal in a couple of the mission. Very scary. Love to know which one is in the first bracket. Same with orks and SM.

Can we get a break down?

You know baring last min changes as to who is in which bracket for some one dropping.

On alex wraith knight what are his weapon upgrades? It just says wraith knight.. I know it has some options. What's it packen? lol

3 wraith knights...3 LoW..... That book has so many good unit to take. So many ways to play but this is what I see people wanting to take all the time.

Oh well.

The Dark eldar list may be a had counter to that list. The one with the double Talos formation could kill it really easily if it gets in to contact with it. They wound on 2+'s.