Here is the link to TWF where the bulk of the 9th age discussion is happening: http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=98. The sub-forum was just created, so most of the stuff is in the thread at the bottom (including dropbox links to their current work)

The Swedes are focusing on the core ruleset and integrating the ETC and GW errata. They may make small tweaks here and there, but don't expect much.

They will probably tackle the armies after the BRB is done.

EDIT: the actual swedish forum has the real links to the documents: http://swfbr.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8983&page=1 Don't worry, it's in English.

just a pet peeve really.  it looks silly. i know dwarfs have a fear of riding but riding on things smaller than them just lucks really stupid imo.  bears just match their personality a bit more.  hogs are more beastmen/orc in alignment.  i could see rams but bears just seem more fearsome.  bears are more badass.  i mean just look at those scibor models.  they look insanely awesome.  especially the BSB version.  ok ill stop talking about my obvious pipe-dream and stfu now :sleep: back to 9th age!

humans get griffons, orcs get piggies, gobbos get wolves, lizardmen get... dinosaurs, elves get elk/unicorns/whatever-else-that-is-lame, rats get bigger rats and dwarfs get bears.  IT JUST MAKES SENSE CAUSE YOU KNOW... SCIENCE AND STUFF! ....... side note: would be nice to get runic magic happening again.

'sigh' well now that G-dubz killed fantasy at least i can make my own stats up if i want.  i actually did with my friend back in iowa.  basically mournfang with only 2 attacks on top with GW and 1 less movement.

stop feeding my crazy! you know i have an issue... with bear cav

• Like 1

id like to see an elf hopping around in THIS FOREST!  bears can live in either and also deserts(polar) if you want to get technical. regardless, the environment would be way too cold for a pansy whiney elf.   dont make me bring 6 copters up to seattle!  steamed skink can be on the menu along with steamed elf!  hopefully they dont overcook that easy though with their lower toughness than elves ;) david-briggs-polar-bear-at-torngat-mount

just a pet peeve really.  it looks silly. i know dwarfs have a fear of riding but riding on things smaller than them just lucks really stupid imo.  bears just match their personality a bit more.  hogs are more beastmen/orc in alignment.  i could see rams but bears just seem more fearsome.  bears are more badass.  i mean just look at those scibor models.  they look insanely awesome.  especially the BSB version.  ok ill stop talking about my obvious pipe-dream and stfu now :sleep: back to 9th age!

I always thought Dwarves should ride bears or rhinos - and always thought rams and boars were kinda silly. That's just me, though. I saw a Grenadier model of a dwarf on a bear back in the 90s and thought it was just the coolest thing.

Good luck in your crusade, though! :P

A motorbike however... that is a different story!

108687_sm-Squats,%20Trike,%20Heavy%20Tri

Everytime I see a squat bike, I gotta think of JP singing 'Heading out to the Highway'....

But getting back to the topic....

So, they're looking at adding new units, too?

So theoretically there -could- be a possibility of dwarf 'cavalry', whether it's Rams or Bears or Boars or whatever?

I agree with other folks I think when I hope that they'd 'start small' - focus on the 'issues' that needed addressing with the basic rules first, then look at army lists. But that's just me.

-Tim

9th age isn't touching new units yet. Currently they're tweaking the core rules and redoing the lores.

Oh awesome! Redoing lore! I've read a few folks are giving that a shot, as well.

It will be interesting to see how many different 'versions' of both lore and '9th ed' we end up seeing presented to the community. I'd be surprised if these two groups (the Swedes and the Italians) were the only two groups working on such a thing.

I should probably be more specific.

Lores of magic. Not fluff :(

I've heard several other groups are working on this, but I have seen anything concrete yet. The names I've heard are Frenchmen and warhammer CE. I have not looked into either yet.

LOL, my bad, V. I should have known. :)

But still, I am not surprised there are others working on 'fluff lore' as well. I know there's a guy here in Vancouver working on his own version, too!

The five dice approach is one I definitely am a fan of, i just haven't convinced myself of it yet :)

The miscast table approach is also solid, though I am more of a fan of always losing the spell.

I will be curious how they address messy combats and charges. These are the more critical issues, IMO.

I also think that model based play needs to be minimized.