Formation/Detachment rules vs IC rules

Hate to bring it up again....

GK warlord rolls "First into the Fray" for their warlord trait. This has the warlord and their attached unit auto-arrive turn 1 from DS reserve.

If I want to attach (in deployment) my GK warlord to a unit that normally arrives on a later turn via deep strike reserves due to formation/detachment rules, can I?

For example, units from the DW redemption force arrive on a fixed turn from DS reserves, but turn 1 arrival isn't allowed.

If I join my GK warlord to one of these units, what happens?

Or for that matter, if my GK warlord rolls first into the fray, as above, and is part of a nemesis strike force, does he auto-arrive turn 1, or does he have to roll reserves turn 1 as per his detachment special rules?

In the case where multiple rules attempt to replace the same thing (and contradict each other), generally the player whose turn it is gets to choose which is applied. I'm not sure that the Nemesis text contradicts First to the Fray (as you explicitly come in automatically, without need of a roll, whereas the Nemesis just says that you are allowed to begin rolling on turn 1), but for something like a Deathwing detachment I believe you would be allowed to choose.

In the case where multiple rules attempt to replace the same thing (and contradict each other), generally the player whose turn it is gets to choose which is applied. I'm not sure that the Nemesis text contradicts First to the Fray (as you explicitly come in automatically, without need of a roll, whereas the Nemesis just says that you are allowed to begin rolling on turn 1), but for something like a Deathwing detachment I believe you would be allowed to choose.

Now, notably, the DWSF formation has all the units arrive on the same turn. If one unit arrives turn 1, what happens to the rest?

If the DWSF formation has wording that allows death wing units to arrive turn 1 I think you'd be able to make a case.

If not then it might just b a special situation that's outside of the DWSF's formations arrival rule set.

I had a similar question regarding NSF units and allied drop pods.

Example:

Gk NSF takes a librarian, 2 strike units, and a purgation squad. They then alli in a DA CAD with a librarian, 2 tac squads, and 3 fasts attack drop pods (because reasons).

Everything enters deep strike reserves, with the purgation squad in an allied Drop pod.

Per NSF: units from this formation can roll to enter from deep strike reserves starting turn 1.

Per drop pod assault: Half of the total # of pods auto arrive turn 1, while the rest have to arrive using normal reserves rolls (usually starting to roll turn 2).

Question: Would the GK purgation squad placed in an allied drop pod be able to roll for reserves turn 1 (NSF)? Or would the drop pod assault rule take precedence because technically you are making reserves rolls for the pod only?

Now, notably, the DWSF formation has all the units arrive on the same turn. If one unit arrives turn 1, what happens to the rest?

They arrive exactly as they normally would, as they are not subject to the rules from First to the Fray. While all units in the formation normally arrive on the same turn, as with any other rule that can be subject to modification by other rules in the game. One can easily imagine, for example, a situation where one of the Terminator units suffers a Mishap result and goes back into reserve- this doesn't contradict the rules of the formation, either.

Question: Would the GK purgation squad placed in an allied drop pod be able to roll for reserves turn 1 (NSF)? Or would the drop pod assault rule take precedence because technically you are making reserves rolls for the pod only?

It's important to note that when you are embarked on a vehicle while in reserves, it is the vehicle that you roll reserve rolls for, not the unit inside. Thus, the Drop Pod Assault rule will still cause you to arrive with half your Pods on the first turn and the remaining Pods (which are not part of the Nemesis Strike Force and thus do not benefit from its rules) will begin rolling for reserves on the second turn.