Mah Sigmarines!

Ive latched on to the Stormcast Eternal faction for AoS mainly because my 40k Marines of choice are Space Wolves and other than that I don't play any other elite infantry force in either game system.

I`ve chosen the Celestial Vindicator Storm Host to build my force from and plan to add in at least a minimum warscroll of each box released.Ill probably pick up more Prosecutors as they are the only real flankers in the army so far.

My paint test Liberator:

http://s724.photobucket.com/user/keith_jackson3/media/20150726103102_zpsu5dyijqt.jpg.html?filters[user]=142614684&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hope that comes through...

• Like 4

Looking over the models from my Bretonnian Battalion box I think ive found some solid Allies for my Vindicators.

It seems that for now the Stormcast don't have any Wizards so they really don't have any way to counter enemy casters and that's were the Bretonnians come in.By equipping Men at Arms and Peasant Bowmen with relic bearers each unit can then make dispel attempts.That coupled with the excellent ranged abilities of the Bowman and the option of taking a Treb I see these guys as being a great match for the Melee based hard hitting Stormcast:)

Fielding the Peasant Militia Battlescroll with the Thunderstrike Brotherhood would make for a solid force though its pretty huge at 13 Warscrolls and just under 100 wounds.I would prefer to go without the formations though and scale it down for a smaller faster battle.

• Like 1

Ive latched on to the Stormcast Eternal faction for AoS mainly because my 40k Marines of choice are Space Wolves and other than that I don't play any other elite infantry force in either game system.

I`ve chosen the Celestial Vindicator Storm Host to build my force from and plan to add in at least a minimum warscroll of each box released.Ill probably pick up more Prosecutors as they are the only real flankers in the army so far.

My paint test Liberator:

http://s724.photobucket.com/user/keith_jackson3/media/20150726103102_zpsu5dyijqt.jpg.html?filters[user]=142614684&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Hope that comes through...

Seeing you work got me painting my test model. I haven't based him yet though. I am going ally my sigs with the elves I started at the end of 8th and never finished. I am going  to match their color schemes. 

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/Terell_Avery/20150806_200045_zpsxhds0haw.jpg

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/Terell_Avery/20150806_200146_zps5xkshjp2.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Had a pretty good battle last night against Steel Angels Werewolf army last night:)

Used the Thunderstrike Brotherhood Warscroll Battalion for the first time and found that to be very nice,though I need to pay more attention to the matchups I choose when bringing in units during play.I keep forgetting that I don't need to have the army book for my opponents armies to know the unit stats,I should be looking stuff up on my phone more.

Tried some of the new units I recently built too.I really liked the Paladin Protectors with the 3" melee range and having those 2 Starsoul mace models in the unit is very nice,cant beat an auto 2d3 mortal wounds every round.Though in this case after I had a great charge round with them,they were charged by some nasty Werewolf`s(Blood thirsters) and pretty much folded up.I had planned to put them behind a line of SnB Liberators but was a bit too excited to get them into to combat.

The other unit I rather liked was the Judicators w/Bows,though even with a 24" range they still needed to step forward and shoot first turn allowing some fast moveing enemies to get them into melee by turn 2.These guys should probably be held back also with a line of Liberators in front of them.Also the Bows only get one shot each but the Shockbolt bow can make up for it as it actually rolls D6 wounds if it hits and giving it to the Prime makes it hit on a 2+.

My most surprising unit this game was the 3 Retributors that I dropped down in front of a unit of Werewolves(Black Knights).They ended up defeating them after 3 rounds while only loosing one model.I think my next line troop purchase may be another box of Paladins so I can add 2 Starsoul maces to the Retributors and probably make 3 more Glaive bearers for the other unit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Added up my current collection using the Ordocomp v1.2 so I could see where it stands.

Ive got most all the models built but a few are in transit and the Knight Venerator comes out next week.

Celestial Vindicators Warscroll Compendium using Ordocomp ver 1.2

Celestant Prime- lt 2+ dmg 2+ mort wnds 1 =5

Lord Celestant on Drakoth normal 4+ dmg 2+ mort 1=7

Lord Celestant lt 2+ Mort 1=3

Lord Relictor lt 2+ dmg 1+ Mort 1+ priest 1=5

Lord Castellant lt 2+ dmg 2+ Mort 1=5

Knight Venarator lt 2+ dmg 1=3

Knight-Heraldor lt 2+ dmg 1+ Mort 1=5

Knight-Vexillor lt 2+ dmg 1+ Mort 1=5

Gryph Hound Norm 4=4

3x Retributors w/Prime and SS mace Norm 4+ Mort 1=5

5x Protectors w/Prime and SS mace Norm 4+ dmg vs monster 1=5

5x Decimators w/Prime and SS mace Norm 4=4

3xProsecutors w/Prime Norm 4=4

3xProsecutors w/Prime Norm 4=4

5x Judicators w/Bows w/prime 4=4

5xLiberators w/Prime w/Hammer and shield Norm 4=4

5xLiberators w/Prime w/Hammer and shield Norm 4=4

5xLiberators w/Prime w/Dual Hammers Norm 4=4

Compendium total 80

Additional for Thunderstrike Brotherhood 2

Celestant Prime is showing as a 5...guess that's why you can only have one,lol.

The new comp version is much softer on the Paladins too:)

Made some changes to my comp scores,,had some of the heros figured wrong.

Edited for the new comp version 1.2 and added more units to the collection.

• 4 weeks later...

OrdoComp 1.2 Thunderstrike Brotherhood

Celestant on Drakoth7

Lord Relictor 5

3xProsecutors 4

3xRetributors 5

5xLiberators 4

5xLiberators 4

Battlescroll 2

Total-31

This is the minimum cost of the Warscroll Battalion so I would likely add in more models to some of the units to bring it up to a 35.

The Stormcast Battletome has added several new Warscroll Battalions 3 of which are the various Chambers,those being a Warrior Chamber,Harbringer Chamber and the Exemplar Chamber.These three Chambers consist of several of the Battalions and all have the "Lightning Strike" ability allowing a rather large Stormcast force to deep strike into the game if the player chooses to.