ork list troubles

derek

Aright so the dilemma is building an ork army list the models owned are as follows ( its not much havent had much money to keep the greentide waagh flowing)

2 warbosses 1 with big choppa and twin linked shoota 

grukk face rippa 

zardsnark da rippa

20 slugga choppa boys with boss nob and power klaw

5 deff koptas with rokkits

14 bikes

6 grot tanks with grot zookas

3 killa kans 

1 morkanaught

5 flash gitz

1 battle wagon

7 tank bustas

10 gretchen

5 nobz 

(alot of this is from storm claw)

1 stompa 

1 big mek with kff on bike

1 trakktor kannon

i believe that is it.

its a decently sized army just not specialized for anything so any tips would be great

What I want to include in the list because I just want to be orky is the grot tanks for the random movement and the fun of rolling dice and the stompa and the bully boyz formation idk what else to really use haven't had much of a chance to play my orks in a while.

The got tanks will have grot zookas so they'll be 40 points a model and can have the red paint job for another 5ppm

Orks are tough to do well. I'm a terrible General so take my advice with a heaping spoonful of salt.

Orks need a solid theme, you can't have a little bit of everything like some top-tier armies can do. They need one idea to be really pounded on. Don't take some Boyz, take ALL the Boyz. Tanks? Tons of em, supported by more tanks. All I can really tell you is, all Boyz in Trukks doesn't work;)

Yea well my thoughts for the tournament I was kinda fiddling the list for was just to go have fun and set an average goal to achieve and that'd be a 1-1-1 will that happen probably not but depending on who I play It could happen will probably go crons if I have time to get painting

I love Orks. Playing them is fun and dynamic. Throwing handfuls of dice, converting and kitbashing are all really enjoyable on my side of the table, being able to mow down waves of mooks while trying to stop the wave is fun on the other side of the table as well. I'd never suggest not playing Orks, I just mention that (for me) writing a solid list can be tough;)

Ork units I enjoy using and facing:

MegaNobz, bullies that annihilate anything that doesn't kill them first

Stormboyz, so fast! Plus, they're boyz with with rokkits strapped to their backs. Nuff said

Buggies, vroom vroom

Kannons, money...pure and simple

As someone who has run Grot Tanks...they are a blast.  Not always effective mind you...but they are a lot of fun.  And their 5+ invuln helps a LOT.  Put the command tank in for the reroll on the move and the extra gun.  Grotzookas are awesome at removing infantry, of any armor save.  Come up with and practive your method of shooting them though, because if you don't have it down it takes FOREVER with all those scattering blasts.

Put the Grotzookas on your Kans as well :)

Let's see what else we have to work with...

OK, I'd combine the below into one big unit of fun.  Obviously not both WB's but pick the one that fits.  Point it at something and GO.

2 warbosses 1 with big choppa and twin linked shoota

20 slugga choppa boys with boss nob and power klaw

1 battle wagon

Combine these guys up points wise somehow...Trim to the points you need.  I'd find a NOB to put in there if possible as well.

1 big mek with kff on bike

14 bikes

Keep the 10 gretchen in reserve, bring them on to your table later for objective grabbing.

I hear these guys...7 tank bustas...are the bees knees, I have not run them.  Find them a transport and rush them forward

I have not personally run any of the below...so I can't help too much.  Obviously the Stompa should be reserved for the games where your opponent has an answer to it...course it is just a LOT of points in something really HUGE.

grukk face rippa 

zardsnark da rippa

5 deff koptas with rokkits

1 morkanaught

5 flash gitz

5 nobz 

1 stompa

1 trakktor kannon

• Like 1

Orks thrive on mass models, and while you have a good variety you don't have a lot of any one thing.

So lets do this:

Grukk's Rippin' Crew (510) - This formation is actually pretty good, allowing the whole thing to deepstrike turn one. Quite surprising if nothing else.
Grukk Face-Rippa

Skrak's Skull-Nobs (this unit has a specific load out)

Grots

Kans (this unit has a specific load out)

Combined Arms (1490)
Zhadsnark
Mek bike, kff, cybork, lucky stick

Troops: 14 warbikes (didn't say you had the nob, so I didn't include it)

Troops: 20 slugga boys, 'eavy armor, nob, pk&bosspole

Fast: 2 Deffkoptas/rokkets
Fast: 2 Deffkoptas/rokkets

Heavy: 5 Flashgitz
Dedicated: Bw, ram, 4 big shootas
Heavy: Tracktor kannon, ammo runt
Heavy: Morkanaught, KFF, riggers

2000pts exactly

- Zhadsnark has to be the warlord though and the warlord trait is set. He's also pretty darn good, with skilled rider and the I4 pk. don't forget his special rules.

- this is a pretty aggressive list where you want to play on the opponent's side of the table, between the first turn deepstrikes and speed of the bikes you'll be in your opponents face very quickly..well what lives anyway.
- Keep the bw within the KFF of the morkanaught as long as possible

- Choosing to either scout or outflank the defkoptas will be depending on what your playing against.
- The lucky stick gives the whole bike unit +1WS, and can let the mek re-roll saves..with turbo boost and skilled rider the bikes get a 2+ cover save!

• Like 1