Mordheim: City of (the damned) Roses - August 2015

ninefinger

You mean to apologize to Patsy 1.

Patsy 2 is very similar to Patsy 1, save for the missing and/or injured limbs. However, the two have never been seen in the same room at the same time. There is much controversy regarding the two Patsys.

Batrep time!

Game 1: Traces to Emprise vs Jeffery's Undead. Jeffery had claimed that my warband would struggle versus a fear

causing army. He was not incorrect. I managed to pass 2 fear tests on leadership 4. My plan was to be charged by his Wolves and Zombies, and that is exactly what happened. While he did rout before I, he walked away with 6 information points versus my 8, so it was not a huge loss.

Post game: 1 Verminkin died. Again. I'm seeing a theme. 3 of my heroes hit a box, as well as my Verminkin. This resulted in BS4 Verminkin and a Black Skaven with The Art of Silent Death (muahahaha).

Game 2: Breakthrough vs Evan's Middenheim. Evan was the defender, so he set up in the tower, and I deployed in an aggressive position so I could try to take it. First turn I caused 2 wounds to the Ogre Bodyguard. This triggered his ability, "Invincability". At this point, the Ogre slaughtered 5 rats, and I failed my rout.

Post game: Nobody importent died, and my Night Runner leveled up to get +1 leadership (just what I needed).

N.B. BTB scenarios don't increase loot. Go back to normal ones.

• Like 1

Well, the invincible ogre only killed one or two rats.  The hail of bullets and arrows from the tower took out a couple more, as well as the one rampaging swordsmen.  It's ok, there are always more rats.

You mean to apologize to Patsy 1.
Patsy 2 is very similar to Patsy 1, save for the missing and/or injured limbs. However, the two have never been seen in the same room at the same time. There is much controversy regarding the two Patsys.

True.  Now that Patsy one has recovered, they have both been given quite a bit of armor.   One day they will blossom into beautiful flowers with some level of fighting ability, but not a lot of movement.

Thanks Nate and Jeff for the games last night!

Against Nate we had human-on-human action with a lot of combat and my bowmen desperately shooting as Middenheimers ran towards them.   We had some hot ogre action on both sides, ending with both of the big guys going down, but coming back to fight another day.  In the end he chose to route and I stole one of the wyrdstone from his heroes.

Jeff was my first game against the undead, and my we were hunting for some stone scattered about the ruins.   He flew across the board quickly with his 18-inch run/charge vampire (holy [big bad swear word]!), who almost killed himself when he fell from a very high building.  A ghoul picked up the other and held it tight throughout the match.  I got preoccupied with picking off zombies and wolves and forgot that I should be trying to get the stones back.  In the end he routed, but had both of the extra stones for himself.  I killed a lot of guys, but they were undead...so did I actually do anything?

The results of theses games were some small stat boosts for my heroes, and the swift skill for my youngblood with the broken legs (he can run 6" now!).  I didn't lose any troops or suffer an injuries.  I'm getting to the point where my ogre is useful, but not useful enough to be worth the 30g per game upkeep.   I could be using that extra gold on better equipment for my troops, as well as some rare items and poisons for extra fun.   I'll have to see if he makes the cut for next week.

Awesome 1v1v1v1 game last night!  I think Nate had the right idea and just let us beat the crap out of each other until we had to route.  Whether it was strategy or luck, it certainly worked out for him! 

Nothing of note really happened with my warband.  My one-armed champion now also only has one eye, and I had to pay for a new swordsmen.  Oh well!

• Like 1