• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am officialy done painting for the OFCC!

Ladies and Gents,   As fall approaches, I am looking on running another Escalation League ending in another Rampage.   The league will start on September 18th with an Infinity boot camp and end on

I rocked out three games today.   The Fate and Fury tournament was a good way to spend a day.   The first Game was against the Naked Panda and his Hassan. Fortunately, he was clothed. Unfortunate

Posted Images

I had been going gangbusters on the new surround of gantries to go around TDT's control room., but ran out of connectors. Guardian Games was suppose to have two sets in their shelves, but they did not. I did order two more sets. I have been prepping more bits, but I like to see progress when I am building.

Ack!

I gave two goes to my Salamandra list tonight. It flopped. Meh. First, I am unskilled with a Tag. Second, I took wounds from combi Fire in one game. The model just seems like a points since both is SWC and cost. An Intruder and five order monkeys is a better use of points.

Oh well.

Thank you Mike and Pete for the games.

Rule of the Day:

A Jammer is a Ballistic Skill weapon with a range covering Zone of Control. It does not need LOF. The jammer can used by a short order or as an ARO. Instead of using a model's Ballistic Skill, a WIP roll is required. Only one model can be targeted. If the roll succeeds, the opposing model must make a BTS save (vs 13) or become Isolated. The Jammer ignores cover and lasts until an Engineer repairs the model.

Additionally, Jammers can be used against markers using an Intuitive attack. 

Jammed models are removed from link team. If a link leader becomes jammed, the link is broken. Finally, a jammed LT. cannot lead his troops creating a Loss of Lieutenant situation.

TAGs are tough to get a feel for!  They are total monsters when you can support them properly, but they have weaknesses just like everything else in the game.  The only difference is that you then have a near 100 point model with weaknesses, instead of 5 20 point models with weaknesses.   I think they are viable, but require an odd mix of extreme ballsiness and finesse.

Jammers are a pain in the ass.  Nuff said.

Since Guardian Games has yet to fill my connector order, I went through Amazon and ordered two sets that should be here by my weekend, so I can finally get my buildings out together. I have been just cleaning up all the pieces.

I made an order with Top Down Terrain for bases for my Haqq. I am really excited to work with TDT's quality bases. Now, I need to think of a color scheme. Any thoughts?

I'm a big fan of the color scheme used for Druze and Scarface, the green with highlights of orange-yellow really pop on models.  If you don't want to go full on bright colors then dessert camo works well on haqq models.  That being said I don't think I've seen them done up in an urban gray-scale camo, could be cool too.

In the wee hours after work, I fondled my newly arrived Top Down Terrain bases and cut the connectors off the sprues. The second set of connectors arrived today, so I just started snipping them off the sprue. For those of you who care, the mantis connector set has 64 straight connectors and 128 corner connectors.

And I am out of the straight connectors..........seriously. Mantic, what gives? Please add more straight connectors to all of your sets. The terrain is fantastic, but for what I and making, I need more straight connectors. It is the one main fault in the product. I have made a massive building, a large, and two medium sized gantries, and two power houses. I have bought three extra bags of connectors. I have plenty of the corners left over and this the two to one ratio in the packs, I should have more center pieces!

I went to the Glimpses event.

I played my first spec-ops event. I went 1-1-1 with the Crooked Grin. I turned a rout into a tie against Pete, I beat Cody's Morats, and lost to Evan's QK.

Their next event is like October 19th, a Saturday. It will be 400 points and Spec Ops. I will try to make it.

The second structure is aTop Down Terrain makes a fine Control Room. After designing the mega gantry, and really the rest of the table to go around this piece, I decided to add 40K bits from Rhinos, Land Raiders, and other odd bits, to add lights, computer terminals, and closets to the room. I tried to imitate what Naked Panda is doing with Horizon Divide line. I am have seen a few prototype images from the line. The pictures inspired me to give the room a  feel that people actual use the inside  and not have it be a sterile box commonly found with most command rooms. 

• 2 weeks later...