The Infinity Run

Raindog

When an Infinity player says "alpha strike" they mean they think they know who your lieutenant is, or what the lynch pin of your force is (such as a TAG or something) and are going full bore for that model no matter then risk.

This can be devastating if it works sure.

It can also be bait!

Getting the enemy to over commit on a false lieutenant and counter attacking them in to dust WHILE NOT FORGETTING MISSION OBJECTIVES!!!! is a lesson that only need be learned once hahaha

That is why Incredibly powerful lieutenants like Sun Tze are surprisingly cheap for their abilities, which you have to reveal him as the lieutenant to use.

There are armies that revel in the loss of lieutenant, such as Morats. Using their lieutenant super open and aggressive is very fun because it forces your opponent to deal with a BIG problem which you can make them (over?!?!) reach for.

Big can of worms this game. 

Crits will make everyone scream, or cheer, at some point. It is the secret danger of assault weapons en masse. I have watched the Pan O Jotum drop to pistol fire! Desperate, desperate, pistol fire...

• Like 2

Players are what carry games, stores follow!

The group I brought up over here was started in my living room, since the some of the stores seemed reluctant, with demo games two years ago. Now we have stores supporting the game and full lots of players! Tournaments are almost once every month and a half now, space limited.

You play, have fun, and people will see that. It builds. Sometimes slowly, but it will build. Hard part is that first person who can really answer for the rules, same as any other game really. I will be down in a month, and am pretty solid on the rules, at least I like to think I am, and am pumped to run demo games. New players always bring ideas and methods I never saw before!

My interest in you guys picking up the game comes from ofcc. You have all always been a real hoot to play, and more players means more games, events, community, and tournaments.

Thanks to Indytims, I have ordered half of the Ice Storm Box. I printed out the crunchy rules last night and have a few basic questions.

1) Are Human Sphere and Paradiso rules sill valid in N3?

2) Is there a place to down load Nomad fluff?

3) Do each unit combo offered in the box have a model? If not, what is the acceptable way to field such models?

Cheers,

RD

1, yes.

2, Fluff is only in the books afaik.

3, There are not models for every variant of unit in the books. But this game is not WYSIWYG. So using the correct model (I.E. an alguacil model can have any possible weapons for its type) I hope that answers the question. 

Human sphere is getting replaced near christmas?

Paradiso is not ever getting replaced as far as I know.

Fluff is only in the printed books, but if you have a mate with the new N3 books the rules and fluff are in separate books so they can just loan it to you.

They are pretty good at filling out the most commonly used variants, but there are notable holes yes. Counts as and proxying is available and tournament legal where the actual model does not exist for instance, and legal all the time for casual play (had a guy running space marine military order for the longest time, worked just fine!)

Thanks to a trade with John Allen, I have some Nomads:  

5 Aguaciles; hacker, HMG, x3 combi rifles, and a converted Haqq model used as an Aguaciles missle launcher.

Zoe and Pi Well

Szalamandra (not painted, amd missing ammo belt),

specter hacker,

an old mobile brigada with multi rifle the New one from Op-Ice,

x2 old hellcats (1 with combi and 1 with adhesive launcher

reverend custodier w/ combi,

doctari (cat girl, not painted,  disassembled

Sulyat total reaction combi remote. 

• Like 3

Thanks to a trade with John Allen, I have some Nomads:  

5 Aguaciles; hacker, HMG, x3 combi rifles, and a converted Haqq model used as an Aguaciles missle launcher.

Zoe and Pi Well

Szalamandra (not painted, amd missing ammo belt),

specter hacker,

an old mobile brigada with multi rifle the New one from Op-Ice,

x2 old hellcats (1 with combi and 1 with adhesive launcher

reverend custodier w/ combi,

doctari (cat girl, not painted,  disassembled

Sulyat total reaction combi remote. 

Glad he was able to help you out! :)

Thanks to you my start into my second faction (Pan-O) has begun! :)

-Tim

Thanks to Peanut, I played my first two demo games of Infinity. I lost badly and loved every second of it. I used my Hellcats poorly, but they were great learning games. 

I took:

An Intruder LT

A Saylut with Total Reaction

2 Hellcats, One with and Adhesion Launcher

A Mobile Brigada

5 Alguacils, one was a hacker.

Yes, it is terrible, but I tossed models out and played

• Like 4

Infinity is not Warhammer FB. It does not have the grand sweep of armies across a large table, but it is a fine table top skirmish game with great models and realistic play. I dig the table tops filled with terrain and the lines of fire. 

PS

I am calling out Savion47 and Don't Panic from games at WOW!

• Like 2

Infinity is not Warhammer FB. It does not have the grand sweep of armies across a large table, but it is a fine table top skirmish game with great models and realistic play. I dig the table tops filled with terrain and the lines of fire. 

PS

I am calling out Savion47 and Don't Panic from games at WOW!

I wager 10 bars of gold-pressed Latinum that Raindog will be victorious against those two opponents!!!!

• Like 1

After cleaning up WHFB off my painting table, I repaired the Szalamandra Tag I picked up today. Since the models are actually metal, I pinned the arm that had fallen off the model. Then, I re-glued two of the back fins that had come off. Finally, I took a diamond file to a few mold lines.

Is the model worth taking? Not a clue.

Cheers,

RD

Feeling a bit left out here... My new glorious PanO's would love to face your Nomad scum!

Yes, but Pete, I think you are a much more experience player. That being said, I challenge you to a game and with enjoy losing thoroughly and look forward to what ever you can teach me.

Cheers,

RD 

Yes, but Pete, I think you are a much more experience player. That being said, I challenge you to a game and with enjoy losing thoroughly and look forward to what ever you can teach me.

Cheers,

RD

You mistake my enthusiasm for experience. You have played 2 more games than I have, lol!

• Like 2

im really happy that alot of us whfb refugees are excited again... as RD said its not the mass battle feel(think 8th will have that part of me until someone makes up a cool living rulebook we can get behind) but its a really sweet skirmish game.  love the models and the terrain.  very complicated too so it really challenges your mind.  peanut and RD seemed to be having a lot of fun.  im excited to get my miniatures in the mail the next coming week.  hopefully in a week we can get some infinity going and then throw a few back after or something.... 

ALSO, really nice group of guys going to red castle on thursdays.  they know their stuff...

• Like 3