The Infinity Run

Raindog

So I tried a risk tonight, playing Berman. I tried to place both Fidays behind enemy lines. I failed. Both. They were nothing more than order batteries  

Berman had double Morans, a Zero, a Bandit, a pair of flash bots, Kriza, a Task Master, a Clockmaker, a Doc, two Jags, and Morlock.  That is six Koalas. 

He bossed the Kris’s and Task Master around. 

I advanced the Asiwira link and blasted early and often as they advanced up the table. 

I dropped Berman into loss of LT without intent, so Berman burned through his command tokens to fix his positioning and take out a Farzan. 

On my turn, the Asawira blasted more, but lost the Muyib member of the link. Instead of Healing the Muyib, I pushed farther. Mistake. 

Berman used the Kriza to drop both Asiwiras and place himself in two scoring zones. 

On my last turn, I used a coordinated order to regen both Asiwiras. The Doctor healed the Muyib. The link took out the Kriza and retook the far zone for a 5-4 win. 

Now that I have five bases done, I started working on models. I picked the Farzan first, because choosing a model that spends most its time in the camo State seems to be the logical choice. While the painted was drying, I also started painting the bases on a Govad Hacker and Farzan FO. 

Earlier at the club, I base sprayed another 8 models......

• Haha 1

I painted a HMG Govad and started on a Govad Sniper.

My game against Joel was tough. He had a Druze team, Scarface, an Anaconda, and MSV Sniper brawler.. He out crit me 10-2. My doc managed to roll three 20s to open a box,  but finally managed to grab it for the 7-1 win with 4 models left on the table.. The Brawler Sniper was a massive MVP for him followed by the Anaconda 

• Thanks 1

A tasty Muyib themed List:

logo_402.png Hassassin Bahram
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  orden_irregular.png5  orden_impetuosa.png3
logo_4.pngMUYIB Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB Rifle + Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Antipersonnel Mines, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
logo_25.pngLEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_1.pngDAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
logo_1.pngDAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
logo_11.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
logo_11.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_8.pngASAWIRA (Fireteam: Haris) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 44)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Antipersonnel Mines, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_10.pngFARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
logo_10.pngFARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

4.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1

The first fire team is defensive. They are set in place. Their orders go to the Mutts. When the Mutts die, they always die, then the haris link can be moved back. 

The Mutts and Daylami are ARO and trade pieces. 

The list is for limited button pushing missions, but seems fun. 

I could drop the Asiwira and sub in a Muyib for a few more orders. 

I forced myself to sit down and paint on Sunday Night. Having a decent TV show to watch helps. I am watching The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix with Sean Bean as the lead. It is not bad at all. I am still working on my Govad Sniper. The main part of the uniform is done. The green contrasts are next. I still need to work on the rifle,  face, coat and helm........

I played against Joel and his Druze. He took Scarface and Cordi, Arslin and a Duze Fireteam, a Peacemaker, and a few Order monkeys.  Joel’s Deployment had holes. He went first and launched a strong attack and  placed several units into Supressive Fire. He left his left flank open and did not optimize his fire arcs. On my turn, my Fiday, dropped his Assault Hacker, a Rifle Druze, and stuck behind Scarface for a nice set of AP Boarding Shotgun shots.  I used all my orders, but it paid off.

Arslin killed my other Fiday and the Druze remaining Druze Hunkered down in suppressive to hold consoles and quarters.

I grabbed a Console and my other Fiday went on a Rampage and smoked covered fire lanes and picked off troops. The Govad team advanced  and picked off a a few Druze. I picked up my Highly Classified with a Coup de Grace on Cordelia.

On his  last turn, Joel had a quadrant and a Druze. Since Druze are Veterans, they don’t go into retreat or care about loss of LT.s. She killed the Fiday with her Viral pistol.

On my final turn, I advanced to grab two more consoles and killed the last Druze for a 9-0 win.

I am emptying the dishwasher listening to the Sat-Lock podcast on Haqqislam. They start talking about the Asiwira, one of my favorite Hassassin units, and they mention he has the Assault rule. What? Wait? He has Assault? I have played the model for over a year and not noticed this! I am an idiot! The Asiwira is soooo much better now! Short range on a Spit? I can just walk up from 8 8inches and Martial Arts Level 3. I will chalk this up to, "You learn something everyday."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonight, I picked up another Govad and started painting away until I became too tired to concentrate. I need to highlight the base uniform and wash the green spots on it. I realized that of the five Govad models. Three are women: The HMG, Rifle, and Sniper. 

At Game Night, I played Bermen. Pete helped me with a solid tactic. Berman showed up with 6 koalas and a Szalie. With limited orders, I had to peel away the koalas and kill the AC2. It is really not easy. I am glad I went first. Bermen went on a rambo with the Szalie and picked me apart, but he was never able to get to the AC2. I whittled down the Szalie and finally dropped it with 4 models on the table. On his last turn, Bermen had to open a panoply with his Daktari and race to the AC2, but he never made it. My Farzan used his Boarding Shotgun to drop her as she ran to the AC2. 

Loot and Sabotage is a difficult scenario. It make you play offensively and defensively at the same time. 

• Like 1

After the Raid, I am switching gears and looking to something like this. 

logo_503.png Bakunin 10
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

orden_regular.png10  
logo_3.pngREVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
logo_2.pngREVEREND MOIRA Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 36)
logo_4.pngREVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 32)
logo_2.pngREVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 30)
logo_28.pngTASKMASTER Red Fury, Pulzar, CrazyKoalas + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Heavy Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 53)
logo_20.pngLUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
logo_9.pngZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
logo_9.pngZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
logo_15.pngREAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_9.pngZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

So I was playing Jeff on Sunday. his Loup Garu ARO’d my Asiwira with a viral rifle. The Asiwira was on a single wound and rolled a 6 and a 15. I assumed rolling a six, I was unconscious.  I realized yesterday, I needed to roll a five to succeed. In cover, it would be a two. It was too weird to wrap my mind around at the time. Against the viral sniper I would need sevens in the open and fours in cover......Trippy.