The Infinity Run

Raindog

I sprayed the box. It has to dry before putting in the shelves (despite drying out in the warm sun).

The project ate two cans of Quik Spray.

Everything expanded a bit from the paint until it was dry. 

Next, I am going to buy large strips of Velcro to adhere to the back for patches and pins. 

The box is very sturdy, but took two sets of hands to assemble some sections. My wife was a total help. 

Later, last night, I added faux shipping container labels to the red, hex cargo box I painted before OFCC to add a little flavor. Then, I dug out some Devlin Mud, added water, and washed the boxes and labels to add some grime. Who has ever seen a clean shipping container?

9A886035-C47A-4503-8F37-C0FBDD2737C6.jpeg

Next project:

Assembling the Dakini SWC box. 

I would like to paint 300 points of OSS plus the Marut before next year’s OFCC. 

Speaking of the OFCC, @Exile did a great year of running the Infinity event. I am looking forward to next year’s event: Four Games (3 on Saturday and one on Sunday) and Sunday morning TAG Death Match. 

Next year, I am challenging @PaladinX and @Sgt. Rock to bring tables, too. 

Hopefully, @scottshoemaker can help me spray a few new buildings for a new table. 

And, I am hoping @evil_bryan will print out a few new pieces of terrain to add a WOW factor to the desert table. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, I am slowly working my way through models. Basing with arc lines has taken priority. Then, I decided to spend time on my Marut and Lameth  bots. I forgot my purple recipe, so I am going slow, yes, even for me. 

Rampage was a success. Due to sickness and other conflicts, we only had 12 people this year. Everyone had fun and was into the event, so it is win for me.  If you have any ideas to make a better event, let me know. 

I think I have only played 2-3 times this fall, so I am rusty.

Currently, we have ben playing 400 points at the club to prepare for Best of the NW and @thediceabide and @WiseKensai's Jan 4th ITS. I am using a Marut. It is a weird tool and a I play TAGs poorly, so it has been a good learning experience. 

• Like 1

Wow, those flesh tones are amazing! You’ve really captured the pasty, ain’t seen the sun since August, paleness of the Pacific Northwest resident really well... Not sure about the blood splatter though. Just looks a bit like random drips of red paint... Maybe some gloss varnish applied just to those areas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had the chance to play @PaladinX  and his O-12 goodness yesterday. We are both prepping for @thediceabide's upcoming tournament on Jan 4th. I am just plain rusty. I have played maybe four games since OFCC. I definitely haven't played many 400 points games and I am just bad with a TAG. A TAG you say? Yes, a TAG. If we are playing 400 points, a TAG seems very tempting. Why, not. The problem with the TAG is I am too tempted to stomp it up the table in a Rambo Rush and leave it over extended. A Marut is a a killing machine. With a Multi-HMG, it is not subtle. I tried blasted @PaladinX off the board, he had some tough units to chop through and he made a lot of armour saves, but to be fair, he rolled consistently high most of game. We played Loot and Sabotage. Man, that is a rough mission. It is hard for OSS since we lack CC troops. Other than the Marut, I had two troops with D-Charges. Destroying the AC2 unit is hard when he circled it with an Epilson Sniper, a Gamma Feurbach, Will Bill, a Gangbuster with Mads Traps and an Omega. I slowly peeled the O-12 away, but @PaladinX blunted any attack on the AC2. I had two troops with in a few inches, but could never close the distance. @PaladinX ended the bottom of 3 in retreat, but I was in Loss of Lt. at the top of 3. I had more panoplies. That was the winning factor in the game. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Okay, I bought an Arjuna box at Glimpses and I actually put it together in less than a month.  I started on Friday night and remember I own an dremel and it would make removing injection tabs and molds so much easier. After looking for it for two hours on Saturday, I gave up and started working on the models by hand. My wife found the dremel on Sunday morning. She had moved and a I would have never found it. So, I assembled the kit and properly assembled the models. The  Kiranbot with the Emarat in his left had is a pain to make the arms meet. It took some metal bending, but I made it work.

I looked at the profile and am thinking the Shock Marksman Rifle is the the best, but I could see using the Boarding Shotgun as well. I may trying them in a few lists. If not. they are going to be Devabots for a Deva. 

Finally, I started working on my other Rudras gunbot, so I could copy @thediceabide and make an EVO Bot out of it. I was happy to have the dremel to the lines on that model. 

• Like 3

I bought two sets of acrylic toppers from Death Ray Designs for my Nomads and Aleph. I have projects to work on and models to assemble. 

Sunday, I played my first game with Arjuna, They are an odd unit. They are designed to be be doers. They move 6 and can shoot or push buttons. With mimetism, the have walking cover. In cover, they are beefy and hard to take down. (-6 to hit, 6 arm,)The Kiranbot is a good mine or Koala Eater. I laid out cyber mines to hamper where Joel's hackers, heavies, and remotes could go. One bot e/marated his gamma. That was the key to swinging the game. Shock Marksmen Rifle is a good option. The Boarding Shotgun had problems with shoot outs at distance.  They will be around for a few more games to see what I can do with them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

News of the week!

Played and OSS of vs. @Exile. He kicked my butt. I had a good counter, but he critted me at the right time and that was game. I still tried for points, but he set up too well.

My #Deathray Designs toppers arrived. I bought two sets with a few extras. I popped them of of their sprues, peeled off the backing paper, and washed them with detergent last night. Now, I need to start assembling more models!

• Like 2

Played a game vs.  Bermen. He kicked my butt. I think he still rolling another crit!😀.  He had a solid list and game plan.  I wavered and lost my way.  He deserved the win, but at least I possessed his Tag and killed several of his models.After playing him, I rewrote my list for the Tournament at Glimpses next weekend. 

I managed to spray two new buildings and the Arjuna, a bot, and a Dakini. I still need to spray the underside. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it has been a bit.

I have assembled three new models: A Horlak, a Namur, and Hector.

Then , I played in the Glimpses 3/5/20  Tournament. I took that with a bit of luck and picked up a Wild Bill. I played @WiseKensai and @Saint Anthony en route to the win. Both are quality players. I tied @WiseKensai in a game I thought I had lost, but it always pays to make your opponent earn their win and take points where you can. I looked at @Saint Anthony's list and thought I had a bad match up. He had smoke and MSV. I rocked and early crit vs. Major Luna and the game seemed to go my way from there. @Saint Anthony did his best to earn points and I commend his effort. I had crits at the right time to help me out. The model of the event: a Mark 5 forward observer. He caused John and Tony a lot of trouble. 

Last weekend at the club, the last in some time, I helped a new player as he played.

Finally, tonight, I put another 18 toppers on bases and magnetized the bases.  I robbed old WHFB bases of their magnets. I won't need them and have not used them in 4 plus years.  11 more are ready for magnets. The Deathray Design toppers are really nice. 

Photos to follow later. 

• Like 2