starting aleph!

Don't Panic

I would say definitely get Ajax but that's just because he's one of my favorite sculpts in the game. Not that he is bad or anything and you should probably get him anyways. Myrmidons should always be useful especially in steel phalanx. Phoenix for sexy rocket launcher action is nice and Machaon if you like doctors that kill the enemy just as proficiently as they patch their buddies up.

I don't play Aleph but those guys are super badass and I feel like they are must haves for a Steel Phalanx collection.

• Like 2

i just like the AI kind of feel.  i really like their looks the best i think(with nomads, caledonians not far behind).  obviously i think its a little awesome that they have their greek-based sectional and i like the characters by far the most in aleph.  also, they seem to have a bit of diversity(but thats probably true for most factions). 

i reconsidered it and ill probably do aleph for now but heavy on steel parts.  i just bought a bunch of things like the steel pack/support pack/atalanta/some more robots(i have a robot problem as well...) and another hacker-thamyris.  ajax is one of my favorite greek characters so ill be snatching him up eventually... i think ill stay away from achilles just because i like being weird :P  im super excited about this game after reading the rulebook.  especially since it seems like we got a few people getting into it(or returning) in pdx!

• Like 2

If you are free Sept 19-20, I am going to be down at there and would love to meet up for games.

I know she is not named, but the Asura hacker is one doozy of a hit. With cybermask she can make some noise precisely where she wants to!

I have only dropped ajax in melee with the O-yoroi. Every other time I have just added another shade of red to his hammer hahaha

• Like 1

the asura looks nasty.  one thing im lacking is anything with camo/infiltrate so i probably need to add that next... was thinking maybe the post humans as they look really fun.  asura would also work well i think with thamyris and his markers.  wish i could link in the thorakitai but im not feeling the girl and thrasymedes only seems to come with in that relatively expensive pack with other spec ops of other factions...

i dont think i have anything going on at that point, so maybe we can get in a game.  but that saying, im a total noob that has yet to play a game... 

wow thats a LOT!  yea 14k in dwarfs 4-5k in beastmen and after waiting a year for my parents to ship me my empire in their basement i just got it last week(now on the chopping block...) but yea away from depressing thoughts and onto new games with better companies  :dry:

but yea just this quote might sell RD on getting the spec op character "Sorry, are you trying to say something? I can't hear you over the sound of me kicking your a**."

Vortex Guadalupe "Lupe" Balboa.

think i went a little nutts these past few days but after reading the rules and seeing the terrain this game has sucked me in like whfb 8th has which is something ive been looking for.  so as of today i have in da mailz(also selling a bit of whfb has allowed me to splurge a little):

achilles

pheonix

atalanta

machaon

eudoros

thamyris

post humans(these look super fun)

3 thorakites

2 probots

3 netrods

2 yubots

ekdromoi

agema marksmen(missiles)

2 myrmidons

myrmidon officer

sophotect

think it is safe to say i went a little crazy... plus i still would love to have asura and spec op character lol.

• Like 1

To start, myrmidons and thorakitai are great pieces to learn with as they are super forgiving thanks to their ODD and 360 visor respectively.

The Myrms are harder to use in vanilla though, as you do not have link teams to mitigate their Frenzy rules.

As your group gets better though, you will find those to be less protective over time though hahaha

Any models in particular you intend on running often? As Joey said, Phoenix is VERY loved by Aleph players the world round. And the model is one of my favourites too~

since im not running S.P., i want to run the post humans.  problem im struggling is disguising my lieutenant with two equal WIP characters.  atalanta, machaon are ones that intrigue me(although atalanta seems to get a lot of hate on the forums for her cost/effectiveness).  also the character with markers.  i like robots... so put in some order generators(although after reading rules, they dont seem that reliable with deploying on the field..) and 1-2 probots.  ill test around for a while.  ill definitely have 3 thorakitai in the beginning but trying for a 'different build that might work?' kinda how i do in whfb :) 

You simply say 'success' or 'fail' during the initiative roll, so that your lieutenant is not as easily soused out.

Thorakitai will help you big-time at first, as the 360 visor will help you survive and react to drop troops and fast flanks!

I think (not super sure as I have not personally used it), that ghost numonica allows you to just transfer the lieutenant's ghost to another ghost numonica model. As in the lieutenant jumps bodies and stays alive!

I have played as aleph the least of the human factions, but I have learned how to play against them for sure hahaha

Thanks nakedpanda for the models and bases. Bases look awesome! Peanut warned me about assembly but man I never knew how small the pieces are!! Got a few assembled tonight. Ekdromoi and one of the posthumans were pretty tough to assemble in particular! Bought rulebook and paint book(which btw anyone who wants Joan of arc of pan-o send me a pm). Strange they have so little aleph fluff..

• Like 1

logo_71.png Aleph

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0

logo_20.png THORAKITES (Forward Observer) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (13)

logo_20.png THORAKITES Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (16)

logo_20.png THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)

logo_9.png SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)

logo_33.png ACHILLES Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (2.5 | 75)

logo_4.png ASURA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (68)

logo_32.png THAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Marker, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

logo_22.png AGÊMA Marksman Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)

logo_16.png PROBOT (Total Reaction) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (21)

logo_14.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

logo_14.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points