starting aleph!

Don't Panic

your situation is different though because myrms are all ODD.  the tactics for killing myrms vs thorakitai are very different.  slicing the pie does not work as well against myrms cause they are harder to hit and can dodge much easier with smoke.  also i had no choice with the conga line as it was the only way with movement(couldnt get them to the wall) to get one guy in cover and the others at least not shot down the hallway.  retrospect i was playing odds too much and not being defensive enough but against pan-o pansies you have to go after them :P way to kill myrms is sneak attack with templates or spec shot or msv.  if you have msv avoid shooting at the one with zero vis smoke if they have a character/officer with that.  dont shoot at pheonix if you can help it lol unless he's the leiutenant then its probably worth the risk.  pick off the easier targets and get them down to 2 bros.  myrms are expensive so breaking that link will hurt them badly.  really the best thing might be to sac a flamethrower bot and march around a corner and fry their ODD

Hey, I heard you like Robots.

logo_13.png Military Orders
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 10 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_1.png FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (10)
logo_1.png FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_1.png FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_2.png SPEC. SERGEANT (Multispectral Visor L2) Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_2.png ORDER SERGEANT Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (13)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_20.png TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle  / Pistol, Knife. (14)
logo_17.png PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_1 / Electric Pulse. (23)
sep.giflogo_17_2.png AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_17.png PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_1 / Electric Pulse. (23)
sep.giflogo_17_2.png AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_21.png MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (15)
logo_16.png BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
logo_16.png BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
logo_19.png MULEBOT (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (8)
logo_15.png FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

I challenge you to a robot off!   Some day!

• Like 2

nah i dont care you can talk all you want in this thread.  i do love me some robots :) those peacemaker armbots are awesome.  i just picked up a deva with devabot which are kinda like that pair.  you wont have a problem against myrmidons with.. um... how many heavy flamethrowers?  pan-o is stupidly point cost efficient.  high bs on cheap guys and you can have a leiutenant for 10 points with no swc.  also many of the bots are exact replicates of some of alephs yet a point or 2 cheaper... wtf, that makes no sense.  EDIT: oooooh mine have climbing plus as do nomads which are the same cost.  weird, yet interesting differencesfrabz-ROBOTS-ROBOTS-EVERYWHERE-14f15c.jp

• Like 2

I'm really digging the idea of having more than just infantry-sized bases on the table.  Also, Aleph pays a lot for everything because your troops are insanely good.  You know it's true!   It took all my gaming just to kill 2 guys in our second game. 

Yeah, the cheap troops are awesome.  I'm glad that I can make effective lists without having a single knight on the board.

lol i know my troopers are really good and have good stats, BUT they have a lot of weaknesses that can be exposed by cheaper tactics/supportware to make them feel overcosted sometimes.  also they die to crits the same way guys that are under half their points do.  you just havent rolled many against me :P also, id much rather have your 2W than 1W with NWI.  2W protects you from shock and viral which just need 1W to kill my characters!  and the only ones that have more than 1W are the asura and achilles(both 70ish points) i just like AI and Robots which is why i picked the faction :P  as powerful as people say this faction is, i think it will take a [big bad swear word] ton of time to master it cause you will almost always be outnumbered so your positioning seems like it would be soo much more important.  im pondering getting that dakini pack at dice age next time i get up there.  the more i thought about it they are pretty darn good cheerleaders.  the cool thing is you can support hack them(drawback is the opposite lol) and they are remote presence so they have those 2 stages of unconciousness so they tend to stick around to be healed if need be.  that hmg dakini really impressed me with that marksmanship on it.  wish they made a robot faction to link in lol.  

played this list against brad and his frenchies tonight.  it was i think the best game ive had yet!  unfortunately we didnt get to finish cause of time but lots of bloodshed.  he dropped 6 camo markers with an insane amount of forward observers as well with a 5 man link and sniper in the back.   he also had a guided rocket bot(WANTS) in the back.  i liked his list, it was a fun one.  i brought this 9 order list against his 15 or so lol.  first turn i had to take out his sniper cause he had a nice cover of the field.  took basically all my orders to do it but i finally got him with my TO sniper and picked off his rocket guy as well.  i played pretty defensive cause he had too much cover in the center of the board for me to really advance at all.  his turn he concentrated on killing my agema and eudoros.  his drop guy came on the side and took some shots but couldnt get through the modifiers and my aros took him down.  then he forward observed the agema and killed them both with a guided rocket lol.  he also incapacitated the daleth bot.  my next turn i turned and killed a few guys with with the hmg TR bot and the asura(she's a beast).  used some command runs up the board and positioned around some bends.  he ran two camo guys up but i dodged luckily against a few flame shots and TR bot got angry for beating up on the girls and unloaded.  we ended it there due to hunger levels/brad needed to cook lol.  really fun game and we had to look up a ton of things cause well i dont know [big bad swear word] still... im really digging the proxy girls.  they are solid.  i think i finally got down G: jumper.  oh and the stupid netrod scattered off the board cause i couldnt place it in an area where it couldnt and of course the 30% chance of it going off happened lol.  not like it matters, 4 stinking points but the girls need that thing to stick or they might be in trouble.  luckily active proxy didnt die but it was lucky she didnt tbh.  looking forward to playing 300 against as that was a ton of fun.  just hard to bring all the tools with aleph at lower levels :/

logo_71.png Aleph

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_4.png ASURA Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 70)
logo_18.png PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_17.png PROXY Mk.1 Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
logo_15.png NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_9.png SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (31)
logo_22.png AGÊMA Marksman (X Visor) Mk12 / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 29)
logo_10.png DALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
logo_11.png ZAYIN Rebot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
logo_29.png EUDOROS Mk12, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (40)
logo_27.png MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_14.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

• Like 4

taking that previous list i liked for ITS tournaments and going to modify it a bit.  so question: i dont have a doctor... do i need to sub something out for that or would it work fine without a doctor for ITS things?

logo_71.png Aleph

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_6.png NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
logo_7.png DASYU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (36)
logo_4.png ASURA Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
logo_17.png PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (14)
logo_18.png PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_28.png PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, DA CCW. (2 | 35)
logo_3.png DEVA Lieutenant (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
sep.giflogo_3_2.png DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_10.png DALETH Rebot Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
logo_2.png GARUDA Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (22)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

hmmm maybe i should just drop the deva then and add a sophotect.  those are pretty good for missions seeing as they are both docs/engineers and super fast.  would make my lieutenant slightly obvious and they would already be shooting at him anyways so thats a little scary... i just saw you can make a dasyu a lieutenant as well so maybe it isnt 100% obvious lol

so here's an alternate that hits the buttons for ITS.  problem is no pheonix which he is pretty fun... but i do have 2 hmgs in the list so it shouldnt be terrible :)  is it better than the previous list?  idk... i also have yet to use naga/dasyu so who knows.  dasyu is pretty expensive but it does give a forward observer with TO camo for objectives which is pretty amazing.  machaon is always a good leiutenant and with this list vs the previous one its actually not obvious who the lieutenant is!  so maybe this one is a safer option with some strong assets... should be able to control the middle and have some threats.  sniper and 2 hmgs is nothing to whine about, but spec fires could be an issue for this list.  why i was pondering the drop robot but with phys 11 he's not really reliable(even less so than netrods lol).  so critiques encouraged cause im trying to find something that will have synergy and ability to deal with things... which is tough haha

logo_71.png Aleph

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 9 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_1.png DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
logo_6.png NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
logo_17.png PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (14)
logo_4.png ASURA Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 72)
logo_7.png DASYU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (36)
logo_27.png MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Zero-V Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
logo_14.png YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
logo_3.png DEVA (G: Synchronized) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser+Devabot / Pistol, Knife. (27)
sep.giflogo_3_2.png DEVABOT Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (4)
logo_13.png LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png1 orden_irregular.png0 orden_impetuosa.png0
logo_15.png NETROD Electric Pulse. (4)

5 SWC | 300 Points

yea you kinda need a netrod when you run G:jumper proxy. its a special rule thing. i can only have 9 orders in the main group due to the proxy girls supplying 1 order from 2 girls.  although its in the second group i can always switch it to the first so it just sits there and wastes an order to be shot at :) as for the asura, it takes a lot of firepower to take her down.  she has 5 arm 6 BTS(good luck hacking her) and essentially 3W. she may look like a little girl but she's an absolute tank plus she can impersonate with hacker plus.  which makes her VERY hard to kill.  not many things want to get close to her at all.  camo/ODD are scared of her and HI dont want to get too close in being afraid of getting hacked.  and she's there to give the hmg bots assistance in murdering things.  so ill keep her protected regardless but there are other things in my list im more worried about dying than her.  like the deva seems like an easy kill if im not careful... and pretty much everyone will guess machaon is my leiutenant lol

• Like 2

last night i received what will probably be my last additional pieces to my aleph force.  got some dakini, a garuda, the big bunny girl(marut), engineer for steel, dasyu, naga and deva with firebuddy.  im pretty busy at the moment, but i did get 2 dakini and garuda assembled.  boy those are such a pain in the butt!  like 8 pieces a model but they do look awesome though.  now i can join the whole camo craze(although difficult for aleph to invest too much in it).  after playing the mk2 i kind of wonder why anyone would ever play the dasyu sniper.  it is nearly twice the points yet worse stats... but yes i know the weaknesses of G: jumper lol.  i will mostly use the dasyu i think for FO and getting objectives easily which whenever i can have an up in getting objectives ill take it. now i can play things i think are to my style.  i enjoy steel but the style of it is just very predictable and im too much of a snob for that :P ill still play them and i love pheonix/machaon but probably will play vanilla generally.  after this week i can get on painting and terrain building once NP and i do some trades saturday.  i may make a BR out of our game if we are just hanging out and not in a rush.  will be fun to document my ass getting kicked and learning from it :)

• Like 1

assembled everything and primed.  the marut is a gorgeous model.  glad i went on an impulse and bought it.  its kinda funny looking with the high heels though(although a lot of aleph models have that it just looks really funny on a TAG).  the sword is really amazing looking. definitely think im done buying for this force.  if anyone has free time saturday, nakedpanda and i will be playing at guardian around 1pm so stop on by and say hello and throw down for a game if you feel like it!  im going to bring a funny robot list(i can do it now muwahahaha!) and then a list i want to try for 300.  just finished my final paper and now working on final presentation for tomorrow.  then done im off to the real world of searching for a job... which i have been for 2 months now.......... portland is an insanely difficult job market! 

• Like 4

well since ive exhausted my patience for figuring out how the [big bad swear word] to get a picture to post here from my phone... here's my google drive that ill be posting pics on from now on lol. i think i have it open to public but let me know if not!  here's a pic of the army that i will painting like a mad man for the next few weeks in between my 100s of job applications. and yes [big bad swear word]ty phone pic but getting 50% with actual focus is pretty much godsend for it lol

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMT3B5Yc_T2AecmTq8ynC6vKtUQ-L2zuEstLUXr/photo/AF1QipMphdE1ot3KuhvKRvznB3kRFcMJGuiHSHLtY7q6