October 10 2015 ELVENWORD AMBASSADORIAL TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION, BRACKET II

Lord Hanaur

Khornate Daemonkin is officially available again if someone wanted to register for them (Bracket II), due to an unfortunate scheduling conflict with the Ambassador that cannot be helped at this point.

If you are already an Ambassador, you can take the Daemonkin slot if you can find a player to register to replace your current Ambassadorship.  With so little time left, this is the only answer that won't complicate matters badly.  =)  

Cult Mechanicus have no Fast Attack units.  I felt they would be at an extreme disadvantage in one of the missions.  Same for the Imperial Knights.  We have been able to handle this with Militarum Tempestus with some tweaks but because of the unique flavor of the tournament, we decided against them.

The Website has all the rules and missions if you want more clarity on that.

Yeah, I dunno why Militarum Tempestus would work (having no HS or EL units) but Skitarii/Cult Mechanicus wouldn't. I man, it's obviously LH's call, but it feels like an arbitrary line in the sand to draw.

(Also, if the problem is that one of the missions is excluding a bunch of factions from participating, the problem may be with the mission rather than with the factions. :P )

Lists are likely being uploaded this evening and so may well be viewable between now and tomorrow.

In other news, we have had our Chaos Daemon Ambassadorship registered for, money in hand though the site has not yet recognized it.  We now have 26 Ambassadors.

Therefore here is the updated list of remaining Ambassadorships:

Space Wolves

Tau Empire

Tyranids

Adepta Sororitas

Chaos Space Marines

Militarum Tempestus

Khornate Daemonkin

Cult Mechanicus have no Fast Attack units.  I felt they would be at an extreme disadvantage in one of the missions.  Same for the Imperial Knights.  We have been able to handle this with Militarum Tempestus with some tweaks but because of the unique flavor of the tournament, we decided against them.

The Website has all the rules and missions if you want more clarity on that.

This is a prime example of one of the reasons why I find the HH Knight House rules superior to the 40k rules.  Knights are purchased for specific battlefield roles and gain a special rule according to the FOC slot they occupy.  For an example, Heavy Support Knight gaining Tank Hunter or Fast Attack Knight gaining additional movement, but having reduced AV.

Now, as those are both 30k rules and FW rules, and as such, has less than a snowballs chance of hell at being allowed in an LH™ event, allow me to suggest a more practical solution than an outright dismissal of the Imperial Knight codex for next year.  It's more of an expansion on what you already have, which is LoW granting a Primary Objective.  Why not leave it at that?  "For Imperial Knight Players, each Imperial Knight destroyed by the Enemy grants the Enemy One Primary Objective instead of the normal method of scoring a Primary Objective." 

Thats already the case.  Each Lord of War killed was a Primary Objective.  This came up during the tournament.

Specifically:

If you do bring a Lord of War unit, and it is destroyed, it does grant the enemy a Primary Objective.

So each Lord of War was a primary Obejective in the Secure the Escape Tarmac and Break their Force Cohesiveness Mission.

Abusepuppy lost two of his in one round and so it could have mattered a lot.  I dont recall the final score from that round BUT...

So why wasn't Codex: Imperial Knights allowed?  I'm confused.  When I asked why they weren't allowed, you cited that mission as the reason why.  I made a suggestion that expounded upon a rule that is already a part of that mission and allows for the inclusion of a Codex currently not being represented at your event, and you say that is already the case.  If it were already the case, why wasn't IK represented?

So why wasn't Codex: Imperial Knights allowed?  I'm confused.  When I asked why they weren't allowed, you cited that mission as the reason why.  I made a suggestion that expounded upon a rule that is already a part of that mission and allows for the inclusion of a Codex currently not being represented at your event, and you say that is already the case.  If it were already the case, why wasn't IK represented?

Suffice it is to say, it was a lot of fun and those coming to have a good time did get their fair share of it!  =)

One hopes we may see you there next year.  I leave how you make those decisions entirely to your discretion of course.

I know I haven't slept in 36 hours, but I'm not seeing an answer.

• Like 1

If you do bring a Lord of War unit, and it is destroyed, it does grant the enemy a Primary Objective.

So each Lord of War was a primary Obejective in the Secure the Escape Tarmac and Break their Force Cohesiveness Mission.

Abusepuppy lost two of his in one round and so it could have mattered a lot.  I dont recall the final score from that round BUT...

The wording on that one could've been a little clearer- neither I nor my opponent realized that was how it was intended to function until you told us about it, but yeah, it was a thing.

The score on that game was crazy-high. I think Micheal had something like a 36pt loss, and I won with something like 64pts or something like that. I would've scored even higher if the Secondary that round hadn't been "keep one model in the enemy army alive." :P

• Like 1

The wording on that one could've been a little clearer- neither I nor my opponent realized that was how it was intended to function until you told us about it, but yeah, it was a thing.

The score on that game was crazy-high. I think Micheal had something like a 36pt loss, and I won with something like 64pts or something like that. I would've scored even higher if the Secondary that round hadn't been "keep one model in the enemy army alive." :P

I will certainly make sure the wording is clearer, but i just wanted it known that there was in fact a concession made on that end.  It wasn't absent from my mind the possibility that someone might take three and if they did, those three alone were worth 27 points.