Collecting FAQ suggestions

Lord Hanaur

It would be a great help if you could post any questions you think need FAQ's, as I prepare for the Ambassadorial Tournament.  This will help me anticipate anything people might think are issues and make it easier for me to go through them.

So if there are problems or questions that you have with your army or other armies that need a clarification, please let me know what they are so i can research them and address them in our FAQ.  Thanks in advance.

BTW, this isnt so much a request to discuss them but an effort to list the questions themselves.

• Like 2

Chaos space marine psychic power generation is in dire need of a FAQ entry. It's one of those ones that works if you read the rules for other armies and assume they follow the same general approach, but when you actually read the rules, they don't make any sense.

Basically, you've got the chaos psychic focus in the BRB, the GW FAQ which modifies the psykers in the CSM codex, and then you have the CSM codex's psychic section of their rule book which has odd limitations on how many powers from each discipline. No clarity on how the generation of powers is supposed to function, especially for non-HQ psyker units, like Thousand Sons.

LH, I'd go look at the ITC FAQ for a list of questions that are actually FREQUENTLY asked and make your own rulings if that's the route you want to go down.  

That resource is already there.  Some people have other issues they want resolved and that FAQ has problems so adopting it wholsesale wont happen.

I don't think I was clear.  Look at the FAQ to find questions, then make your own rulings.  I'm not saying adopting it.  It's just a good place to start for actual frequent questions.  

I understood.  I'm guessing people won't post most questions the ITC already covers.  I'm interested to know what else we need to look at.  A lot of codex's have dropped!

LH, I'd go look at the ITC FAQ for a list of questions that are actually FREQUENTLY asked and make your own rulings if that's the route you want to go down.  

I don't think I was clear.  Look at the FAQ to find questions, then make your own rulings.  I'm not saying adopting it.  It's just a good place to start for actual frequent questions.  

Seems kinda like an attack, especially with the echoed posts. I was pretty sure I was answering the OP's request for FAQs not already answered in places like the ITC FAQ.

And on a side note, the ITC really doesn't ask questions, or explain what the questions were, but it just lists answers. Changing the ITC FAQ into an actual FAQ would be helpful, as it would establish the context that their rules changes are supposed to apply.

Do Flying Daemon Princes/BloodThirsters summoned by the Blood Tithe arrive during the "Start of Turn" or at the start of the Movement Phase? In the first case, I can change their Flight Mode to Gliding on the Turn they arrive, in the second, I have to wait a full Turn to do that, which means 2 full Turns of the thing being useless before it can actually Charge anything.

For the tournament I would like to now.

1: Is inviiableiy going to be changed from the book

2: Are re-rollable 2+ saves going to be allowed or is it going to be 2+ than a 4+ like the ITC.

3: Are we allowing D weapons at full streaght for ranged and CC.

4: Are the steaks you are feeding me to keep me from eating the other ambassadors well done cause I hate the site of blood :unsure:

Doesn't come up much, but Vortex weapons are considered both D shooting attacks and Impassible terrain. When something is hit AND SURVIVES, does the hit unit need to move out of the "impassible terrain?" Or are they somehow able to remain within the Vortex template?

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Rare steak snobs are some of my least favorite snobs. Well done all the way. Suck it.

Got you so you like dry tough tasteless meat. I bet you would enjoy soylent green.

Marbled and juicy with a red center, please!

Keeping on track, what way does each chaos god like their steak?

Are you revaluating the formation limits?

A perfectly well done steak is actually good. It is just super tricky to do. The wife liking no blood has forced me to discover the trick.

You sear the steak cook it to medium ish then slap it in a 425 ish oven to cook through the searing locks in the moisture and makes it well done!

Sorry lord for hijacking your faq with steak talk.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

True you can, I know that technique and use it for my wife. It is till drier and chewier.

I prefer a pan fried steak versus grilled as you can keep it juicier and sear a good flavor in.

The inflitrate question, ic question?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Chaos space marine psychic power generation is in dire need of a FAQ entry. It's one of those ones that works if you read the rules for other armies and assume they follow the same general approach, but when you actually read the rules, they don't make any sense.

Basically, you've got the chaos psychic focus in the BRB, the GW FAQ which modifies the psykers in the CSM codex, and then you have the CSM codex's psychic section of their rule book which has odd limitations on how many powers from each discipline. No clarity on how the generation of powers is supposed to function, especially for non-HQ psyker units, like Thousand Sons.

I'm...Not sure i understand the thrust of this one.  

Chaos Space Marine Psykers have access to Biomancy, Daemonology, Pyromancy, and Telepathy Disciplines.  Marked Psykers, specifically, must take at least one and up to half (rounded up) of their  powers from the Discipline of their Mark.  This would include Non-HQ Psyker units like Thousand Sons.

The main rulebook covers how to generate dice from these Psykers.  is there a piece i am missing?